Undercharged $100 for a bottle of Armagnac. WWJS do?

I’m in to good karma. I call it to their attention on the spot. I’ve paid attention over many years and can confirm that what goes around, comes around.

Let me tell you my Kutch story.

I buy a half case, the wine arrives months later , it sits in my dining room for a few months then I put it away.
The second time I order, same deal. When I’m putting it away months later, the packing slip is still in the box. I look at it and think that I though I paid more but it was months ago and I guess I remembered incorrectly.
The third time, same deal. This time, I check my original order total and my credit card receipt and it’s less. Again, this was probably 9 months after I ordered the wine.
The forth time, Kutch has a new web site. I put in my order and I see a line items ‘Industry Discount’ and it’s a whopping 40% discount. Well I can’t let this through so I order the wine and send Jamie an email. He quickly responds back indicating that he though I was ‘Dave MacIntyre’ the Washington Post wine writer and gave me the discount on my original order and all subsequent orders. I indicate I was just plain old David McIntire. So he charges me the regular price but throws in a free bottle for my troubles. What a guy!

Would point out the error. Maybe you will get a nice discount from the owner on a future purchase.

A long, long ago story (the bottle in question was hand-carried on a plane back to the mainland; that long ago).

There was a magnum of Champagne in a drug store in Hawaii. It was a deal, no, a steal at $199.99. I took it to the register. The clerk, a sullen teenage kid, rang it up at $19.99. I pointed out the error. He said (I’m quoting) “What the f*ck is your problem?”. I bought it and walked out.

The next day I went back and asked to speak to a manager. I explained the situation. He basically said the same thing, in many more words and much nicer language. I really do love Salon ‘Le Mesnil’, had it on a very special occasion with a lot of people over.

Sometimes you just can’t lose, no matter how hard you try.

Dan Kravitz