US passport renewal delays.

Still waiting on my “expedited” passport. They cashed the check May 12.

We flew for the first time in about 18 months last weekend. The couple ahead of us at TSA check in did not bring ID’s to the airport. We didn’t hang around to see the consequences.

I was advised to NOT USE the expedited route, because so many people were doing it, that it was overwhelming the offices. So I used regular mail, and got mine within a month of applying.

3 1/2 weeks after mailing my check was finally cashed yesterday (not expedited).

Breathing a tentative sigh of relief.

that’s perfect. lol.

sent my expedited last week, arrived on thursday, cashed yesterday. i assume cashing the check is not really indicative of anything other than the paperwork was correct.

No, in my case they cashed the check then sent me a letter saying the paperwork was incorrect.

ha! great.

Just confirming, passport in hand for my son, 5 weeks total.

Now we wait for my daughter, praying for just 2 more weeks.

nice. that seems very reasonable. doing our 12 year old on site next week.

More remarkable considering about 60% of the US pop have never applied for one.

I am going to try let to do it in online this weekend .
What was the issue ? Has anybody successfully done it ??

I did it last year. Quick and easy. Things could have changed though, so not sure how helpful this data point is.

1 Like

I had an earlier Global Entry appointment cancelled and then was able to get an appointment at the La Cienega office near LAX for August 4th. In and out in 10 minutes and my new card arrived in the mail just three days later.

Cheers!
Marshall

I can’t find my card !! Oh well. Not sure when it expires . I do anticipate 2 trips this year (wife my wife, who doesn’t have global entry ), and one next year (also with my wife). Going to try to see when it expires (coming up soon, to the best of my memory); don’t see me paying for a replacement card for my existing pass.

About a month door-to-door with expedited service for me.

We sent our renewal in mid June regular process. We realized in July we had an issue to receive in time to travel next Saturday 9/4. We called the main line and eventually go through and submitted an expedite request. We were told no promises but we’d know if the charge hit our card. We didn’t see the expedite charge or any progress into early August. We called again and were advised we could call within 13 days of travel 8/23 to request an in person appt to get them in Miami. We were able to secure an appt for Friday am 9/3.

This week on Tuesday we got a call because my credit card didn’t work for the expedite process. I totally forgot I had changed my card because of some fraudulent charges. The expedite team took our payment and said they would process and ship 1-2 day overnight as soon as possible. We got notified today they’ll arrive on Monday. We’ll cancel our Miami appt once we have them in hand.

If anyone wants the direct line to the expedite team( different than the main number) shoot me a pm. They were great to work with. As long as EU/Italy doesn’t change the travel policy we’ll make our trip.

Cheers
Fred

Daughter’s passport came exactly one month after our appointment, again via expedited.

And as Mark Kaplan warned, updating the passport on their Global Entry is failing. We need to visit in-person. Crud.

I had no problem updating my passport information on the Global Entry site about 3 weeks ago…

Global entry site is also failing to let me update my driver’s license (which inexplicably switched to a new number after 29 years) # and expiration. So it looks like I am stuck doing an in-person visit too. I am going to see if I can do it at SeaTac, as my only other choice is a 2 hour drive up to Blaine at the Canadian border. WTF.