Vacation plans for 2018?

off to Costa Rica in 2 hours!

As usual, my life is all twisted the wrong way. On my vacations, I have constant shopping, cooking, and cleaning responsibilities in order to care for either summer house guests or the racing crew. During the rest of the year, I have no responsibilities, except to do as I wish.

Going to the Mayan Rivera for spring break and China early summer. Never been to Beijing or to China for that matter so really looking forward to the sites.

I love being retired as traveling is so much easier…only small drawback is family vacations since kids still have jobs! [rofl.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

No real vacations in our immediate future. We break ground on our “retirement” home this summer so any travel that we do will be back and forth to the east coast to check building progress. And that, my friends, is no vacation.

Apparently work trips are not the same as vacation. Who knew? Got back from Baja (Todos Santos area) a couple weeks ago. Not sure if I know how to vacation properly any longer.

Small trips at this point. Family reunion in Austin (May) and a CO trip (July) with a show at Red Rocks in the mix. Usual beach time at the condo this summer in Rehoboth.

37 years as a trial lawyer and I’ve never had to cancel or give up vacations. You just have to plan your trial calendar wisely.

Our 25th anniversary is this year. I’m not sure where we are going yet (I’m sure my wife has ideas), but we’re cetainly going somewhere. We also have trip planned for St Johns, Newfoundland to repatriate my MIL’s ashes.

When I worked, vacations were a critically important part of the deal for me. I took five weeks for our Honeymoon and a month in Europe with each of my wife and kids before my wife headed back to work. Great bonding and memories

Just returned from a 39 day cruise around South America disembarking in Buenos Aires for a two-week stay in Argentina. The obligatory trip to Mendoza was made and a case of wine returned with us.

In July, head to France for two weeks, then to Amsterdam for a few days before catching a cruise ship to sail around the British Isles. That will probably do it for us this year except my wife is headed to Mexico for a couple of weeks in May/June. Leaving me to drink all alone or not :slight_smile:

Chatham in August and July
Disney in November with a then 6yo / 4yo and 10mo

[welldone.gif]

Bermuda in May (hitting our favorite restaurants), Then Yellowstone to fish in both June and July. Does a week visiting colleges with my daughter on the west coast count? If so, that will happen this summer as well.

Headed to Italy in September (for the 6th time in the past 8 years). This time it will be in the vicinity of Montalcino.

BTW, I stumbled on a trick to save $ on the flight (some of you are probably familiar with it). I checked (on Orbitz) the price of the round trip non stop flight for two and it was ~ $1800. Than I checked the same flight packaged with a one night hotel stay (the night before flying home) and the total package was ~$1300.

I’ve similarly found really good deals by bundling flight and hotel on Expedia.

Going to the Rhinegau/Mosel River Valley, Alsace, Lavaux over two weeks in September. Ending up for 3 nights in Prague to wash all that wine down with some great beer (or so I hear). First time for all of those places so I really can’t wait.