Venice/Rome/Sorrento

Note the Italians don’t queue for buses the way the English speaking world does.

It really is a great place and they do make you feel like family plus the food is phenomenal. Glad you had a great time.

1 Like

Will: Some of the search threads were started by me and my brother. When, exactly are you going to Venice? I am very curious what it would be like post pandemic.

Thanks!
Cheers! champagne.gif
Marshall

We’re in Positano now. Our meal last night at Don Alfonso was outstanding. Mario and his team are fantastic. Sant Agata is a beautiful town as well. The restaurant arranged our car service and took care of everything. One of the best meals I’ve ever had.

For those who live in St Louis the family has opened a restaurant at the Ritz in town. Casa don Alfonso. Mario will be there in mid October.

So glad you enjoyed! Truly a special place!
Now I need to plan a trip to St. Louis.

Hi Fred
If you get the chance, take the autobus from outside cafe internazionale in Positano, up to Montepertuso (bus tickets from the cafe). The views are brilliant and it’s a lesser seen area on the coast. The walk back down is wonderful, giving you what feels like a near vertical view of Positano most of the way down (but the walking is surprisingly easy).
Regards
Ian

Walking down from Montepertuso is much easier than walking up!

Absolutely! I don’t think I could face that now, even though I used to love walking up to Ravello from Amalfi, which felt a comparable distance / elevation.

funny, I asked that question on another travel page and people thought I was crazy for thinking about walking up. We ended up sharing a taxi as the bus was way to crowded. Absolutely loved Ravello and should have stayed a bit longer. The lunch at Villa Marie was quite good and an unbelievable view. We did do the walk down to Minori. I think it was more than 1500 steps. My knees were not happy but the Limone delight at Sal De Riso was sure worth it.