Vigna rionda ester canale giovanni rosso

They make so little of it , 1800 bottles roughly . It’s a bit like crichet paye in that respect.I think may be 500us is a bit excessive but if rinaldi or Burlotto cost 200/250 it can be easily in that range or a little above .

Crichët Pajé and G. Rinaldi Barolo are great wines. My point was not about rarity but about what is in the bottle.

FWIW I’ve stopped buying Crichët Pajé and G. Rinaldi Barolo at their current pricing.

Ken IMHO barolo vigna rionda ester canale is a superior wine to any of the rinaldi wines .the 2015 I preferred to crichet paye 2010 but I guess that’s a matter of taste . We can argue the price about a lot of wines but it’s a prime product that I have no doubt at all . Try the 2015 if u can get your hands on some pls . The 2016 is gonna be majestic

Ok, Lorenzo, you are at 17 posts and in most of them you have mentioned and promoted this Barolo, can you please explain why?

I don’t promote anything . I opened a discussion on a producer that is not so we’ll recognised . I have my opinion on the matter but I wanted to see a different point of view .have you tried tha barolo in question g.colangelo?

Have also read the article on resurrecting Collina rionda ?? It’s a magic parcel in barolo that produced one of the all time great wine in Italy .is it so strange to be intrigued by this story ??

And of course I was only stating my opinion. At those prices, I will only try the 2015 if someone else provides it. Please let me know if you are opening one in the NYC area.

Or Upstate NY

No, I have not, and if the price is as high as it has been mentioned, I am not going to try it.

Exactly my point.

1 Like

What’s the point: that economics is not a dead science?
ATBE, people will buy more of something if the price is reduced.

The point is that it’s a great product but it’s not been Drunk by so many people . Without going into a debate on what’s the fair value of the bottle in question.

1 Like