vinfolio

If taking shots at others was a crime around these parts we would have to shut down the board…
Watch it Klapp…Ill come over there, drink your Giacosa, and unfriend you for calling me out on being a baller…

Agreed. Ad hominem attacks are fine, but this is…COMMERCIAL! Trade
libel or some such…

I understand…as a former vinfolio customer and current CT one its hard to see them as competitors. Not because the quality of the service but because of the differences in services.

Remember that CT and Vinfolio partnered at one point. Vinfolio then royally screwed over CT. They are not competitors to CT. I think Eric is justified in having a grudge against them.

That may be, Poppy, but in Eric’s shoes, all the more reason to let it go and not look like a schmuck. I am no Vinfolio fan, and it is hard to see them as a CT competitor or a threat to any but nearby storage facilities (and with their pricing, probably not even that). I have a feeling that a lot of wine bought for flipping is being stored at Vinfolio, although there is no ready way to prove that…

That’s my recollection as well. Eric needs no appologists, but IIRC, he put quite a bit of effort into surfacing our CT inventories to the vinfolio marketplace. It was brilliant, and Vinfolio f’d the whole thing up by facilitating the transaction and failing to cut checks for brokering wine that didn’t belong to them in the first place. I was sure Case’s injection of capital would of revived this collaboration. I guess not.

(and off topic, but their retail pricing is rediculous.)

agreed. I changed my username only cause I don’t want plaintiff’s looking into my hobbies ;D. I don’t have anything to steal [snort.gif]

Let me get this straight: the arrangement is to have others touching/handling your precious bottles??
WTF That is part of the pleasure or?
Of course not if you are Koch…

I too was a bit disappointed with the notice of price increase. I don’t have too many bottles with them, but it was always nice to have a California storage site for shipping purposes since I’m in Texas.

Are there other Bay Area storage companies that will accept (and ship) wines for you with good web-based bottle management that folks here would recommend?

I just saw my bill for Feb – I have been holding off moving my wine because I had pre-arranged shipments to them this Spring.

I just got charged $48 for them to pick up 3 bottles of wine as part of a presumably mass pickup (It was a winery that offered “Ship to Vinfolio” as a $0 cost option).

These guys are clowns. I can’t wait to be free of them.

Edit: They did adjust my invoice after I noticed on their price sheet that it should only have been $12 for a winery pickup and they had mischarged. So now my Feb bill is “only” $62 for 98 bottles of wine. One more month!

Uh, what?
English-motherfr-do-you-speak-it.jpg