Vins Rare wine shop

Of course.

That said, why?
I am having a hard time understanding your care about a retailer complaint whom is twenty hours away by plane (“on a lovely day in South Australia)”).

I was trying to decide if I was going to respond to Bryan’s comment or not. This started as a simple communication issue that could’ve been resolved with a “my bad, I’m busy, but will get it done.” That response convinced me not to buy from him. I dont care whether he’s a good businessman or not, it was a shitty response to a concerned customer.

If I’m grossly misreading what he wrote, then my bad, but I don’t think I am.

1 Like

I dont think location matters all that much here, an Australian opinion is just as valid as anyone’s

Justin,

I care because I feel this type of public shaming is pathetic and felt strongly enough to chime in. This is a discussion board and I’m adding my ‘two bob’s worth’.

Cheers
Jeremy

Glad it’s not just me. All the likes he received for it had me wondering. Plus the subsequent responses. I know I edited my post above as not to cross his response too hard but the tone does not seem conciliatory at all.

2 Likes

Didn’t Bryan publicly shame OP right back with revealing his order and the price of said order? Seems like a lot of people are now caught up with the bottle only being $25 instead of the original complaint.

1 Like

I disagree. He effectively got ghosted by the retailer (3 weeks with multiple contact attempts) and voiced his discontent. That’s exactly what a discussion board is for - sharing information.

That said, I did remove my post because I thought it unfair for me to say something negative with no firsthand knowledge.

1 Like

+1

I felt the same way too.

All Bryan needed to do was say “I’m sorry” and instead ridiculed the OP and publicly disclosed his order. Seems like a dumb move to me

1 Like

Why must I accept something I didnt order? I had my reasons for my orders. Maybe others are ok with just accepting things they didnt order but I am not. Especially, when I wasnt asked first.

A popular store in NY asked me if I would take a different bottle because they were out of stock on the bottle I purchased. Since they asked first, I gladly accepted.

1 Like

I personally felt that it put the situation in context.

Could Yong have just accepted it? probably but he shouldn’t have to.
Is it a big deal? not really…
Could Bryan could have responded better - most definitely
Is it all taken care of now? - looks like it?

we good?

1 Like

Amen.

Can we just tack on…

Nuke’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live… is it a live rooster?
We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose’s glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present.
Is that about right?

Then I think its all covered.

Because in this case you should have. You have wasted a lot of time and got yourself all worked up over nothing. The replacement wine was fair. Move on mate.

No, you’re wrong. I dont know where you get this idea that when someone purchases A, the seller can give them B because they’ve decided it’s better. It’s not what they purchased and it’s on the seller to give what’s purchased or offer an alternative.

Max, from a contractual basis I’m sure I’m wrong. But given the facts in this thread, I reckon Yong’s behavior would fail the ‘pub test’. Sometimes its not simply black and white. Be a good bloke, do the right thing and move on. Don’t stoop as low as the person that has ‘so called’ wronged you.

I have no dog in this fight. But seriously tell me how the retailer “ridiculed” the OP.

He offered his take on the disagreement. You can disagree with his perspective but I see no evidence of his personalizing the argument or belittling the OP.

Am I missing something?

Roasting a guy for substituting a $25 bottle with a $30 bottle? Give me a break… From the responses in this discussion, I know who I’d like to share a bottle with and who I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t know Bryan if he stood five feet in front of me, but he has always delivered what I’ve purchased from him. I kinda like eating and drinking very fine wine with his IT guy, though.

The customer isn’t always right. Material harm is a good concept to consider. Was the purchaser materially harmed? No way.

2 Likes