Vinsent shipping in near 100 degree weather

That’s never happened to you before? [wow.gif] [oops.gif]

1 Like

Never got an order confirmation. Nothing in email from Vinsent. That’s why I was so confused when the bottle showed up.

I do remember playing around with the app. Looks like I accidentally bought a bottle.

delivery refused again today. Originally shipped June 24 . . .

Already pre-aged!

That’s strange. I guess it’s likely a US or UK market bottle, given the English text. Some kind of importer strip is required. I guess someone didn’t bother to, or didn’t want to, put them on. At least the glass shape is distinctive. Otherwise I would have questions about these bottles.

I drank one this weekend and it is definitely '08 Comtes, but the lack of any information on the back on the label would lead me to believe they are trying to avoid some type of tax/regulation. The UK bottles list Hatch and Mansfield as the distributor, drink responsible, etc., in addition to a strip label indicating the importer. US bottles are similar. The sulfite warning is placed on a different part of the label compared to the US and UK bottles. Direct imports that I have bought from WHWC, MacArthers, Envoyer always have information on the back. This is just another one of those things that make you go 'hmmm?"

Right? I have never seen such a barebones label on the back of a bottle of wine like this one. Really strange!

When I buy in France there’s no importer sticker or usually even a back label at all. When CID brings them over they add a strip, but sometimes it’s missed depending on the wine and type of packaging. I had a whole case of Cristal with nothing.

1 Like

Here is the back label of an '06 Comtes magnum. I assume this was made for the French market. The '08 looks like it was made for an English speaking market.

2 Likes

so someone else gets to buy the baked wine I refused:
661C6FDF-09B5-4E05-B494-A51FD2E66B82.jpeg

just got notice that the wine is being shipped again. Sent two emails saying, DO NOT SHIP. No way I can guarantee it’s fresh bottles and it still is too hot here in CA. Ridiculous.

I guess their name is short for “Vin sent regardless of weather or customer preference.”

Clever and sadly true.

Working w VISA on a refund. Vinsent website refund policy is 10 business days after return and despite that Vinsent is refusing refund. Wants to ship wine again or credit. Hasn’t responded to multiple emails again requesting refund.

So I’m going to cc company. Credit applied. That should wake up Vinsent who hasn’t responded to last few emails. Those of you in same situation, use the listed web policy of refund to help in your claim.

1 Like

Credit card company reversed charges and ruled in my favor.

2 Likes