Vintage Bordeaux wines - investigation

Wonderful pictures! I’m very jealous … also intrigued.

Sounds like your experience with the first bottle is boding well for the others.

well, this time is was the Dauzac 1945, and it was a different than the Nenin 1937.

After opening, I checked the nose, and felt the oxidation flavors did not boast well for the wine…

I left it alone 4 hours, and when starting drinking it certainly improved, but still a oxy note present in the nose.

However, tasting, it showed much more body, complexityl, depth and flavor than Nenin 1937, most likely due to the great 1945 vintage. But it only lasted around 20 minutes, then it was a bit downhill.

I served it to my farther in law 75 birthday, and it was ok, but it was evident the wine had been exposed to some oxygen during its live.

An OK experience, especially the first 20 minutes after starting drinking.

The back label stated it was a late release from the chateau.

Thanks for the enjoyable note (an excellent pictures!). Drinking a wine like this is often not about the quality of the wine itself but the quality of the experience. Having such a piece of history with family would be a great pleasure

I was just gonna say, quite a bit of history to make it very experiential, but see the Professor got there first.

Wow,

this was a different league - Conseillante 1937 was outstanding. The depth and length was to die for.

Opened 3 hours before dinner, slow ox.

When opened, the nose was already delicious - a good sign.

At dinner, the nose was a bit shy, however complex. But the taste stole the show! Best old wine in many years, perfect balance, and broadens out and fills out hitting all the taste buds. Even a slight touch of tannin in the middle stage, a combination of aged beef and mature sweet dark fruit and cigar box spice stays in the mouth - together with a smile on my face. Wow, even if most of the other bottles do not deliver, this has already made my day :slight_smile:

cork came out intact, still with name and vintage visable :slight_smile:
Fun fact, I notice some purple paper traces on the bottle, wonder if this originally was wrapped in purple paper tissue?