Virgin Islands Charter

Brig, Ryan, have you done your trips yet or are they still upcoming? I hear the Sandbox on Prickly Pear opened a few days ago. No mooring balls yet, but good holding if at anchor. Or a pretty easy dinghy from Leverick.

5 ish weeks of tax season left then I’m out of here!

Hey, Chris.

We fly out March 23rd.

Customs was closed/relocated in St
Thomas but they finished the remodel this week. It was going to be a real pain, no worries now.

We are going to Prickly Pear and then up to Anegada from there, two places we have not been.

I heard about the Customs issue, glad they got it resolved. We are flying DIA - SJU - EIS this time to avoid the STT to Tortola ferry. We leave 4/18 and return 5/2.

Try to post when you get back about a few things you enjoyed…or didn’t. I’ll do the same.

In the meantime, everyone get your taxes filed or make sure the extension is done!

Brig -

It seems details are still not clear, but check this out if you haven’t already.

https://bvi.gov.vg/media-centre/revised-bvi-quarantine-advisory

Click on the PDF at the bottom under “File”.

BVI now closed

Yeah, we’re out as of yesterday.

A couple that was traveling with us has two kids in college and a senior in HS, all three are back home indefinitely.

The Moorings were being dicks around cancelling, wanted for $4K, but there’s a clause about medical issue and two of the people going with us are doctors… [cheers.gif]

I think the BVI closure just means the medical waiver won’t be required.

The last I read a few days ago residents and belongers that were out of the territory when the lockdown began can return on June 2, and visitors can come in starting on Sept 2. I have read varying reports about whether this has been codified or if it is subject to change.

we rebooked to January.

When all of the COVID started Colorado was on the hot list for the BVI, so we talked to our friends that are in Ohio and told them if they could fill our cabin they could go without us. Then it was just a few days later the BVI officially closed. Our friends had already refilled our cabin thinking all the OH people may be able to go, this was prior to the BVI closure. So, they have all rebooked for late Oct/early Nov. Wife and I were reimbursed for our cabin, Delta refunded our airfare, so right now all we are out is the $550 flight from SJU to EIS, but Intercaribbean Air has given us a 2 year credit. Given the situation, it has worked out ok. So we may be with some friends out of Atlanta in Jan or our Ohio friends next April. Time will tell.