Virtual Tasting- One from the other side. July 4th weekend.

I put you on A. Someone willl pick a OW for you

Yum, Rioja!

lol

Let me add that part of the goal here should be to get your alter-partner to say 'Hmm, that was not so bad" If they exclaim ‘Like burning tires and formaldehyde’, you have failed.

:slight_smile:

I should ban certain words, huh?
thin
weedy
burned rubber
vanilla shake
dirty cellar floor
buttered popcorn
bombastic
mega-anything
ass

but what fun would that be?
:slight_smile:

Question Mike, or whomever ends up being my match…why not just trade wines with the opposite person? Rather than point someone a bottle limited at $50 which is not something I would typically choose, Id just send them a bottle. Plus availability, price differences etc makes it more complicated than just trading a bottle. Just a thought.

You can do that for sure if agreed upon by both parties. Great option. I should have stayed in the shower longer. :slight_smile:

Mike, do you pair us up or do we ask someone to partner with us? Also, shipping a bottle might be a hassle so I will opt for purchasing the suggested wine or one as like it as I can achieve locally,.

I will pair.

I was thinking this too - if the bottle has to be readily available does that mean at retail in your partner’s area? Or shippable? If the latter, then why not just trade bottles? The only hitch is that it’s not good shipping season, but that can probably be mitigated.

I have family in town that weekend so it will be busy but I can commit to one bottle. Sign me up for Team A!

I would prefer suggesting & purchasing over shipping.

I can ship out of my cellar.

1. So when I get paired I pick something new world that I think they will enjoy and ship it?
  2. Then they pick something for me and I either buy it or they ship it to me?
  3. What’s with the 3 suggestions? Is that if they want me to buy something and I have to choose from their list?
  4. Who am I paired with?

I told you to type slow.

I’m confused… if i’m on team New world… will i get 3 New World choices and pick one…
and my partner who’s on old world - i give 3 choices of old world wines and they pick one?

OR

I’m on team new world, i give my partner 3 new world choices (presumably b/c he/she is more of an old world persons so i’m exposing them to new world wines)… and vice versa - i get 3 old world choices?

Seems like the latter makes sense b/c if i’m on Team New World, i presume i’m more familiar with new world wines, and thus can’t really give someone who’s experienced at old world wines suggestions of old world stuff? so basically
Team new world - Suggests New to partner. Drinks old world as suggested…
Team old world - Suggests Old to partner. Drinks new world as suggested
?

I would like to do this but would need to pick up my wine and try it before June 25 because I will be out of the country on vacation during the actual virtual tasting. If it is ok with Mike I will wait until the July 4th weekend to post my note.

I would be in the old world camp.

Shipping would be a disaster for those of us in the Deep South. It hits 90s most days.

Obviously shipping is not the most optimum option since we are in June. If the bottles are available in the area no shipping needed just a bit of old school retail shopping.

Do these have to be reds?

make it a preference of the taster.

Ok so I can buy that shipping is not an option, but then “easily available” is really a crapshoot depending on where our partner is located.

The more I think about it though, probably trading bottles isn’t such a good idea either. Ultimately we’d be trading a cherished bottle for something I’d say we very likely won’t enjoy as much, which could become a source of resentment. Buying a bottle doesn’t have that stigma, since none of us are likely as attached to our money as we are to our wine [berserker.gif]

Sign me up for “team old world”. [cheers.gif]

Cherished? I looked at it as an opportunity to unload some Central Coast fruit bombs. newhere

Just kidding!

[rofl.gif]