Walter Scott 2017 release live

Fantastic wines, have been following Andy’s wines since the 2012 vintage. The current wines are great qprs.
I’m in for a mixed case.
FYI the 2015 La Combe Verte ,which I am currently drinking and last nights Cuvée Ruth are wonderful.

Cheers and congratulations to Walter Scott for winery of the year 2017.

Also, the shipping to the Midwest is on par with most Oregon wines.
These wines are well worth the tariff.
Buy by the case . Sitting here and enjoying the La Vombe Verte, which has really open up…
I may have to order another case.

$45 to ship 6 is too much for me as an on the fencer. I’m only interested in the chard and just don’t want a case which would make more sense with the 15% off.

OTOH, if you buy a case, the shipping becomes a non-factor - my discount on a case of the Chard was $50.

Lots of places have crazy shipping…and I think part of that is because they use a middle man to package the boxes which adds to the cost of shipping and handling…

It is a pretty big contrast to Europe or Asiapac where packaging the wine is part of the deal…that’s part of the work they put in when they sell bottles. So a winemaker with a smallish operation, does it himself/herself.

But to be fair, their shipping prices aren’t all that different from anywhere else you order from direct…not significantly so anyways…

Who is “Andy” ?

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and thought he was referencing the silent partner…

I have been buying Walter Scott since tasting 12’s from barrel. I broke my buying moratorium and went for a case.

Andy is me and Joe is an old friend who is giving me far too much credit!

While my wife and I are minority partners in the winery, Walter Scott is all about Ken, Erica and Lucy!!

In for a mixed case.

Never tried these wines but, and not for the first time, since the reviews here are what they are I bought a mixed case. I’m wine gullible…and that’s not a bad thing.

I’m excited to try these in person next week at their release party.

Ok, so he’s not so silent!!

Muzzle Reapplyed champagne.gif