Welcome (me) to the dark side...

Best of Luck! Look forward to reading all about it.

[rofl.gif]

Congrats Guillaume - looking forward to reading about your year at Dujac!

Best of luck, Guillaume

Very cool! Looking forward to following your journey! And a VERY happy 40th!! I’m about 5 months into my 40th year, and it’s only about half as bad as I thought it would be! (just kidding!) But i’m definitely going through the same “i need a new adventure” set of emotions, so huge kudos for jumping in at full speed! cheers!

Awesome. Nothing like starting at the top!

Sounds like a great adventure! Congrats! I’m sure you’ll learn a wealth of information.

Congratulations Guillaume and best of luck to you!

Best of luck. I added your website to my follow up reading list.

I’m hoping this new blog will not detract in any way from your always insightful NBA commentary neener .

C’est magnifique!

Have fun and enjoy life. Where do I go to put my name on the waiting list?

Love that you’ve taken the plunge, I’ll be right behind Jay in line. But how will you be able to keep up with football (of both sorts)? :slight_smile:

All the best of luck and enjoyment. Slainte!

Mike

Thanks everybody for the kind words. This is just the beginning of the adventure, who knows whwere it will lead me? [cheers.gif]

I remember who gave me my first taste of Dujac! [thankyou.gif]

All the best and look forward to your posts.

I have added 1fwa to my favourites bar. I expect a high level of quality [grin.gif]

Guillaume:

Great news! And a great place to learn. So tell us what your first week has been like and how the harvest is going.

Tom: assuming I make my own wine one day (which is far from certain), I’m not sure it will deserve a waiting list! But there’s even better: you’ll be able to brag that you knew me even before I learned the first thing about winemaking [cheers.gif]

Don: I’ve been mostly silent lately as I had literally no time to post. Harvest time is really, really busy. The first month has been really exciting and a lot of fun. Burgundy has been blessed with excellent weather throughout the harvest. 2014 saw a prototypical Indian summer with a lot of sunshine, high temperatures and very little rainfall. Hopefully it was enough to compensate the lack of winter and the rather cold and rainy August. I can’t say much about the (future) wines right now but the outcome is likely to be on the bright side (from a beginner and outsider point of view–all the usual disclaimers apply: caveat emptor, YMMV, “I was there so it must be special”, etc.)

I’ve started posting again and as things are likely to go back to normal in the next couple of weeks, I should be able to go back to a more adequate rhythm.

http://www.1fwa.com/harvest-is-over/

You man of little faith neener

I’m coming back to this thread as this year is coming to an end. I’ve learned a lot, seen a lot, reflected a lot on this experience. It would sadly be impossible to sum it up in a post here, but this year really turned out to be everything I expected it would be and then some. What I was most afraid of was the risk of killing my passion by lifting the curtain… but I can reassure you that this fear never materalized, and even quite to the contrary as this has certainly rekindled my interest in wine. As for the future, I’ll have to defer to Master Yoda :wink:

Wow, somehow I missed the thread last year so I’ll congratulate you on the year coming to an end. I hope it’s been everything you hoped it might be!