Welcome to Berserker Quarantine Relief - mini-Berserkday relief for our friends

Hey Todd – good work with this. Thank you for doing it.

Thank you for creating this board!

We work in wine tourism in Europe (just said goodbye to 90% of our bookings for the year), and we also have a wine import/online retail business and wine club in the US. We are focusing on selling our stock so we can keep paying salaries to our employees at our tasting room in Budapest.

If anyone would like to try some of our fine Hungarian wines, we are offering some shipping promos: Free delivery in the DC area (including MD and VA within 40 miles of DC) and $10 to all other states where we ship (except for Alaska).

We hope to share some of our Hungarian wines with you!

Thanks,
Carolyn Banfalvi (Taste Hungary)

Thanks Todd! I’m just starting to dig into some of my inaugural Berserker Day boxes…why not add a few more for a good cause?!

Thank you for doing this!

I hope the many wonderful producers here think about sustaining this effort. The ‘crisis’ isn’t a two week event - more like months, possibly many months. ‘Deals’ aren’t the crucial thing - just knowing who has stock and can ship is going to be an ongoing need :smile:.

I am already thinking about this, Rich. I am re-building my cost model for a bottle of wine to see if I can do a price adjustment when I offer my 2018s. People are price and availability sensitive, and I need to stay in business, so if I can lower my offer to my mailing list and still make money, then that’s what I aim to do. I have not done an updated model for awhile, and don’t have current costs of glass, capsules, corks, label printing, etc. in one place that yields one number. But I have time to do that now!

Adam, I think you want to make a new post here, as opposed to the BD thread.

Carolyn, I suggest that you create a new post in this forum, as opposed to just commenting in this thread. To get an idea of how Berserker Day posts are written, just peruse the offers that are already up.

I know zilch about Hungarian wines, but am interested. Cheers!

Todd(and Alfert),

Thank you for this. We just finished bottling the majority of our 2018 cuvees, and that leaves us at a low ebb for cash flow right as everything shut down.

It’s taken a few days to recover from bottling(and set up a curriculum for homeschooling my kids). Our Spring release goes out to the mailing list in the next day or so and I will post it in this thread when it goes out. Berserkers have been a huge support for my wines over the last decade, and this forum is a special place. (Filled with handsomeness…)

Marcus, Brian was tasting one of your Chardonnays last night in the video chat and he mentioned it was full of matchstick notes on the nose - that piqued my interest, as I LOVE flint/matchstick in my chardonnays and rarely find it in US Chard. I might be your first order if you put some Chard in there!

I was thinking about all the BD11 participants and wondering how they were managing. I think this is a terrific idea and I put some orders in last night. I’m hoping that you can keep this forum going for a while, because I think we’re in for the long haul.

Sheila, I just saw Northam instituted a stay-at-home order until June 10 in Virginia. Yikes! Don’t worry, your latest Franny Beck order is on it’s way. :wink:

Thanks Michael! I’m happy that I have a fully stocked wine cellar and a full freezer in the basement. The cat is thrilled that I’m not going anywhere.

WineBerserkers just got a shoutout on KRON 4 News in the SF Bay Area. I didn’t catch the first part of the segment but I think it was about supporting small wineries during this crisis.

Whoa, that’s cool!!

Todd, what a great idea and a perfect place for it to be realized. I’ve been slammed bottling, labeling, shipping futures and Spring release orders before any of us in the family come down with this thing. So I’m just coming up for air before hitting the tractor seat that my 93 year old dad is reluctantly allowing me to use. During that time bottling, I’ve pondered different ways to help/be helped/participate. Conditions keep changing and so have the ideas.

Is it still OK to start a new offering before temperatures get too warm in most areas? I’m thinking wines that are totally ready to drink now and don’t need aging to realize their potential.

F

Absolutely, Fred

Todd, are new winery offers still allowed?

Todd?

Yes.

I have been busy all morning, sorry for not replying. If you need to reach me urgently, best way is Private Message or email, either of which I’ll get notification of

Grazie!