What are you buying in 2017? Allocations

Positive buzz.

My last futures purchases were 2014, I’m backfilling at this point as I really do prefer my Bordeaux with age on them.

Not sure yet. Getting cheap as I get older-and teenagers approaching college age don’t help. Plus income is down a bit.

I need to see price points-dropped a couple last year.

Leaning towards more Berserker Day buying-feel like better deals. And get to try new wines/wineries.

This year, I am planning to buy more 2015 German wines. I think (hope) that I have bought about all the 2014 white Burgundies I will buy, as I want to drink these over the next few years and not worry about premox.

I will probably buy some more Champagne, and like always, some red Burgundy.

I want to emphasize more half bottles, when I can find them. Have been buying less expensive Burgundy and Bordeaux in half bottles when I can and really enjoyed doing this.

No lists anymore. Only purchase so far this year was 2 bottles of 2015 Merkelbach Urgluck to round out a case of prearrival wine that I hope will be delivered soon.

I have one really low auction bid pending for some Burgundy which I sort of hope to lose.

My intent (for what that’s worth) is to skip February and make a moderate purchase of some Champagne in March. I still have a lot of pre-arrival wine due from my orders last year so every time I think of buying something I look at that list and stop myself.

MacDonald
Ridge Monte Bello
Morlet
Outpost
Pisoni
Lucia
Can’t decide on a couple of Oregon producers (Winerlea & Anderson Family among others)
Probably Kutch

JD

This is the list I usually buy from. I either need to go smaller per purchase or start eliminating some. Last year I skipped a number of them in an attempt to cut back. This year I think I will just to spread the love a little more with three to four bottle purchases rather than buying a case from just a few.

Myriad
Bedrock
Drinkward Peschon
Sandlands
Quivet Cabernet
Carlisle
Rivers Marie
Becklyn
Vincent
MacDonald
Franny Beck
Maison Harbour

Booker, Epoch, Herman Story, Law - i’m starting to lean Paso…awesome place to chill out for a long weekend. Still waiting on Saxum [pwn.gif]

Tor
MacDonald
Myriad
Carter
Bevan

I dramatically cut my purchases in 2016 from years prior and plan to stick to limited buying, as my goal is to completely wean myself from offsite storage.

Some vintners I’m confident will be purchased in 2017:

• Ridge
  • Aubert
  • Littorai

All others I either haven’t decided or will be skipping this year.