What are your wines of the 2010s?

Well…you had two of mine with me, and I only had one of yours with you! [wow.gif] Roumier Moose…really? [swoon.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Still Red
'99 DRC Richebourg, brought to the 2nd Charleston Offlineorama. It needed 20 years but I can still taste it.

Still Non-Red
'02 Roulot Perrieres at a friend’s mountain house. We just sipped while he smoked ribs.

Sparkling
'96 Salon for breakfast at a friend’s house before a long day of fabulous food and wine.

Bonus–Fortified
1890 Puig-Parahy Rancio in their cellar. By dumb luck we showed up for our tasting just after Schildknecht so George had opened lots of the old vintages.

don’t skip la paulee next time :wink:

Red: 89 Collina Rionda
White: 07 Coche Corton Charlemagne
Bubbles: 96 Salon

I am not sure I’ve had a better wine than the 89 Collina Rionda, ever. A couple as good, but I’m not sure any better.

Impossible to recall everything over the past decade; but, what immediately come to mind are:

1. 1970 Pétrus - from a friend, over dinner in Manila;

2. 1983 Domaine Louis Latour Corton Charlemagne - I chanced upon and bought several bottles of this, most of which performed way beyond expectation - sadly, everything I’ve had from the ‘90s and up were nowhere near as nice; and,

3. 1989 Champagne Alain Robert Le Mesnil Blanc de Blancs Réserve (Magnum) - from a friend, over a kaiseki dinner in the restaurant of another friend in Oshino mura, Yamanashi Prefecture (near Mt. Fuji).

1999 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée-Conti
1861 Château Vigneau, Sauternes
1964 Salon Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut (Magnum)

If you post notes like that, then Dr Weinberg will never be able to summon the resolve to monetize his stash.