What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

What a game that was! My wife who didn’t grow up watching ice hockey like I did was like “oh its 4-1 can we watch something else, they’ve already lost”…

Just a few comments on some recently consumed wines:
We finished the last bottle of 101 WallaWalla cab franc & it has settled into a very tasty & well balanced wine. Perhaps not a special occasion or complex bottle, but a good, solid table wine that’s ready to go. And now it’s gone.
We’ve had two bottles of 417 Eola chard & I’m in love, which is saying a lot since chard is more my husband’s beverage of choice. It’s lightly oaked at 33% new barrels with a fresh & inviting nose of an orchard in bloom & taste profile of lemon curd & wet stone. At the moment, it’s my favorite dN chard & beats out 77 & 133.

6 Likes
  • 2021 de Négoce Syrah OG N.320 Rosé - France, Languedoc Roussillon, Vin de Pays d'Oc (6/14/2024)
    Poured straight from fridge. Color is fading just a touch from earlier bottles, no browning though. Nice fruit aromas on nose complimenting peach/strawberry flavors during tasting. I'll agree it's not as dry as I'd like from a French Rose, no sweetness perceptible though. Went well with goat cheese and crackers before dinner. at $99/case, this gets the BUTT rating (Back Up The Truck). Very hard to find this quality French Rose at just over $8 a bottle. (89 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes
  • 2017 de Négoce Cabernet Sauvignon OG N.06 - USA, California, Napa Valley (6/14/2024)
    Double decanted back into bottle 30 minutes prior to serving. Served with grilled petite Filet Mignon and baked red potato. Aromas of French Oak with baking spice mixed with dark plums and blackberry. Super sexy nose on this wine. Flavors of plums, dark cherry carry through with balanced acidity and tannins. Some minerality on a long finish provides extra dimension. This has improved from last bottle. Write up says "$70+ at winery" agree with that. $13 fare from de Negoce! This has more life ahead too. (93 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

@Timothy_B_a_l_l_a_r_d thanks for the review on N.06. Live seeing the true OG dN wines being reviewed now. Last I had one was 2 years ago. How much life ahead do you think it has? Sounds like it’s good drinking right now!

Dave,
In my opinion, this should hold into 2027 (10 years from vintage- which is GREAT for a $13 price tag!). Last glass did not fall off, if anything I think it was about the best glass. This is why there was an increase my score from previous review. Truly believe this is from Cakebread not Provenance. Cakebread has a more “pedigreed” winemaking team than Provenance. $70 + Price fits better too.
Glad I have 5 bottles left.

Cheers, Tim

4 Likes

Lot 50 2018 cab. 3 hour decant. This is the first bottle I’ve really enjoyed. (Last bottle I enjoyed the last glass of the 4th day of a bottle decant…today I decanted in a large decanter) this bottle tastes like the how I remember the one time I had an actual Leonetti (think it was a 2015 or 16, years ago). It’s a dark and chewy full bodied wine. Not too overpowering on the alcohol though.

Obviously, I stuck with the dN model for 3.5 yrs but the last 6 months of tasting the 2018/19 cabs have given me confidence that the majority of these wines will work out just fine for me.

9 Likes

OG dN Lot 200 2019 Napa Valley Hillside Cabernet Sauvignon

3 years in the bottle today! So it is Time to try one, bottle 1/12.
1 hour and 20 minutes afternoon decant, back into the bottle for dinnertime guzzling.
This is predominantly (78%) CS, yet has all of the 5 BDX red varietals & plenty of French Oak!!
Stunningly delicious booze here! A triple Yum for me. :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :yum: :yum: :yum: !
Very Complex taste, moderate and delightful bouquet, long oaky finish. Not sure how long this could/should be cellared? 5-10 more years? Cam stated that this could go for 20-30 years, big wow!
Go ahead & Try one now, if you haven’t yet………?
No Day 2, so delightful that there is none left from last night, unless I open up another one??
with smokey grilled Tri-Tip

7 Likes

Wanting to prepare for Fathers Day dinner appropriately as we will have both my father and my father in law for dinner and they like big reds. We are serving NY Steaks, ceasar salad, au gratin potatoes. Which of these DN wines should I decant tomorrow morning to have ready?

3 Likes

#200 is a good choice, if you really love the Fathers?
#274 is a good choice, if you DON’T like the Fathers?
#255 is good without a decant, maybe as a second bottle?
#80, start decanting today, a 24 hour decant.
Enjoy your time and your wine!
HFD, Happy Father’s Day, all! :grinning::partying_face:

4 Likes

Second 200 and 255.

Drinking a n.50 right now myself. It’s fantastic. I’ve had 5 bottles now, first 3 were out of this world. #4 was subpar. 5 is open and I’m enjoying!

Happy early Fathers Day to all the dads out there!

4 Likes

Lot 200 Napa Hillside 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon before the meal (because of Scott’s input) and either L 229 Red Mountain 2019 Mourvedre/Syrah or L 240 Red Mountain 2019 Cab Sauv with the meal (steak). Enjoy your day with family.

4 Likes

I might stated a little bit differently than Scott…. I would only open lot 200 if your fathers really like a good wine. Mine appreciate red wine, but wouldn’t be able to appreciate the difference between 240 and 200 ( Both which are good). If they really can’t tell the difference, I would open 101, 229, 230, Or 240 which would complement that meal just fine…. 200 is a better wine than those if they can appreciate it…. Mine can’t so it will likely be one of the tried and true bottles listed above

4 Likes

Luke, I agree!
#200 is truly worthy of personal hoarding. I will.
Btw, #80 isn’t ready yet, maybe it never will be?
:partying_face::wine_glass:

1 Like

I appreciate your insight on this wine! Glad to see that patience has been rewarded. :slight_smile:

N.75 is still one of my top dNs. I haven’t had one in a couple years at which point it needed a good half day decant. Some people on CT have said it’s entered more PnP stage. Can’t go wrong with this.

1 Like

Just enjoyed one last night for the first time. Wow…this is a really nice Malbec.

4 Likes

HaHa. Sugar pop 274. Still have 5 left. Maybe they will come around. Think this batch major bottle variation because there are good reviews…Was going to give away but let me try next year…

2 Likes

The #472 shiners are coming today. I will pop one open and try and describe the cork, etc., and my opinion of the wine.

4 Likes

#14 rose yesterday… pale pink in glass,on the nose floral and grapefruit and sweetness

Peach on the palate with acidity only really hitting at the end

Happy with it but not a home run maybe a double

1 Like