What Domaine producers have only made one variety color EVER?

Fair enough…but does that mean the others stand?

Yes! Or at least, as far as I know…

We really ought to exclude Chablis and Mâconnais producers, or perhaps invert the question for those regions, asking which producers make reds as well as whites.

Barthod has made a Bourgogne Blanc in the past

William is right, we only ever made white and for 30years just one wine…
I could name a bunch of Mâconnais and Chablis producer who never made red.
If I may ask, what do you have in mind with that question? Just a trivia?

Ho and my 2 cents: Georges Chicotot in Nuits, I don’t think Pascale ever made a white.
Stéphane Aladame in Montagny, only whites.
(Probably a few more there but I’ll keep it to estates worth mentioning in terms of quality…)

Lignier-Michelot?

Leflaive made a Meursault Rouge too before grafting it to Chardonnay.

Yes, I remembered their Meursault Blagny after I posted! I drank a bottle of the 2002, which I think might have been the last vintage, last year, but at the end of a long dinner. Nice enough wine, but I never had one that hit the highs of old red Blagny from Matrot.

If you go back far enough with some domaines there is no telling what you might find. DRC made cold duck and white Zin. Most people don’t know that.
As I recall Fred Mugnier has a poster of some weird concoction made by his ancestors.

My guesses would be Philippe Engel, long May he live in our hearts, and Alain Burguet.

[rofl.gif]

My favorite is still that Ducru-Beaucaillou used to be famous for their sparkling wine…

Nope - there was some rose…

They were never above average. I always equated it to leaving a soda on the counter for a day or so, still tasted like the soda, just flat. Better that they grafted it over.

Still technically a red wine.

Yes, I was going to point that out about Jobard, too. It was called 1er Cru La Pièce-sous-le-Bois, and it was delicious. Crisp, light, but flavor-packed red Burgundy. I miss it.

Claude Dugat?

Did anybody mention Clos des lambrays?? Of course, the previous owners had a winery in the Cote Chalonnaise, as I recall. The new owners do make some white in Sauternes.

I only know this because of something I read recently but I think they have some vineyard holdings in Puligny.

Sean, you are right. I should know better.

I’m glad somebody finally got it that the question was about ‘Domaine producers’, not Burgundy. There have to be thousands of unicolor producers. I would guess that the majority of people in Muscadet have never made a red or rose. There’s a fair number of tricolor Sancerre producers, but a most Pouilly-Fume producers probably have not.

I don’t think Bonneau ever made a Chateauneuf that wasn’t red, although Rayas did.

I’m pretty sure Badoux makes only white (Vaud, Switzerland if for some reason you don’t already know this producer).

I could go on and on and on and on, but have to close with a confession: I once made a Rose from my vineyard in Maury, a mistake I will regret to the end of my days.

Dan Kravitz

Cecile tremblay
Pierre Damoy?
Prieure Roch