What is the deepest vertical in your cellar?

34 Clape Cornas over 46 years

Some very impressive verticals here. Like others, I don’t set out to build verticals but they happen when you buy wines you like every year:
8 vintages of Cathiard Vosne Romanee
8 vintages of de Montille Vosne Romanee Malconsorts
7 vintages of de Montille Corton Charlemagne

That’s the best reason I’ve ever seen to visit New Zealand! [cheers.gif]

Matello/Goodfellow Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir - 9, maybe 10 if you count the 2017 Whistling Ridge Block bottlings as I did not buy the 2017 base bottling

11 vintages of Fourrier Aux Moines
8 vintages of Cathiard Aux Murgers
8 vintages of Haut Brion
8 vintages of Hubert Lignier MSD 1er Cru
8 vintages of Jamet
8 vintages Chevillon LSG

Missing 04 and 05 vintages of Scarecrow, but outside of those have each vintage going back to the '03 inaugural. I suppose my intention is to do a complete vertical tasting at some point, but also part of it is simply having the complete collection.

I have 13 consecutive vintages of Rhys Alpine Pinot, 12 vintages (not quite fully consecutive) of EMH Black Cat Cabernet, and 10 nonconsecutive vintages of Lagier Meredith Syrah. I also have complete or close to complete verticals of Rhys’s other wines.

I meant how many vintages you have.

Enjoy your supremacy until Francois posts!

neener

I think I am complete on Spottswoode and Dunn cabernets.

Tensley Colson Canyon Syrah 2014-2018

Ridge Monte Bello but it’s not all that deep. 10-12 vintages I think?

By now it has to be Musar (rouge) going back to 1988 (a magnum and my birth year wine)! A couple I have only singles but most at least 3-4 :slight_smile: oddly enough the last one missing was the ‘05 of which I just snagged 6 so finally have a full range to go!!

Can echo above “vertical” anxiety, where I kind of don’t want to break up the chain, but good wine is to be drunk, not looked at I guess :wink:

I really want to see Francois’ answer to this

An interesting question and a few surprises when I counted up:

Leoville Barton 53
Pio Cesare 43
G. Borgogno 42
Prieure-Lichine 41
Beaucastel (rouge) 40
Vieux Telegraphe 40

I have no particular interest in unbroken verticals and I don‘t buy single bottles to add to verticals. Usually if I buy a single, it’s to try it soon. These are just the wines that I like the most and have been collecting the longest, and I enjoy the variation across vintages in wines that repay aging. It can be difficult to drink the last bottle of a vintage but not so much because of the vertical. It’s just the last one.

Not unbroken, but wines I have most vintages of in CT
11 Magdelaine (1970-2009)
9 Drouhin Mouches rouge (1993-2016)
9 Trimbach CFE (1995-2009)
9 Leo-Poy (1966-2002)
8 Beychevelle (1959-2015)
A few wines like Donnhoff OL Kab , Briords, Produttori normale might be at least that many, I am bad about keeping records on $20ish wines

Even Francois may not beat this!..

I’m holding 2011 - 2015 EMH Black Cat. Nice to see a few California wine lovers on the board.

Maybach
Saxum
Schrader

A bit different than other wines mentioned, two of my favorites

27 vintages of Soldera Brunello/IGT since 2006 (oldest 1979)
23 vintages of G. Mascarello Monprivato (oldest 1971)