What is this Board's single most favorite region?

Wait, are we voting on our favorite, or what we believe is the Board’s single most favorite region?

Is this favorite to drink or favorite to buy? I’d probably vote Burgundy to drink, but if I have to factor-in buying then I can’t go with Burgundy b/c it’s so damn expensive.

Sideways had very little to do with Burgundy [Giamatti drinking from the spittoon is one of my favorite scenes of any movie]. I don’t think the group of posters in this thread were at all influenced by the movie if that is the implication of your post.

You’re overthinking it Brian :slight_smile: Ok, for clarity… YOUR FAV TO DRINK, which adds up to the board’s favorite wine region.

I had my first Burgundy back in the late 60s with my dad. That’s a bit before Sideways.

OK, thanks for your response, Craig.

In that case, assuming all wines in the world cost the exact same amount per bottle, then my vote goes to Burgundy, although Spain/Portugal and Loire are nipping at Burgundy’s heals, mostly on the strength of variety of selection. N. Rhone probably holds-down 4th spot.

Well from the look of this, they might as well just stop making wine everywhere but Burgundy.

I sure hope not! It’s hard to afford much of the wine from Burgundy!

Yeah, but all other regions are going to blow out everything already in bottle for a fraction of retail. [wink.gif]

Wow, Burgundy is more popular than all of the varietals from CA added together! I guess we are Burg / old world centic!

Brian, there’s a ton of sub $50 wines from a wide variety of Burgundy producers. And there are great sub $20 Cru Beajolais too.

I picked Oregon PN because I have more Oregon Pinot Noir in the cellar that any of the other categories, but
Burgundy would be the choice in a more perfect world of ready supply and affordable prices.
However, Oregon PN is not really a region. Other wines from Oregon are quite good too.

you should change the subject line to match what your question is asking. i didn’t re-read the poll prompt, and instead guessed what WB’s favorite region was.

Sorry, Nick, good point. If you follow me you’ll see I make a lot mistakes.

Burgundy

Game, set, match

Are you surprised?

If so you must be new here! [new-here.gif]