What is top frequent flyer status really worth?

Last December, I booked an AA Websaver for 5000 miles one way LGA/CLT/LAS.

I didn’t see it mentioned, but did you get the email a couple weeks ago that your 2020 status will be extended through 2021?

I agree it is not worth it unless you are right there and one or two trips that you want to do take you over the line.

Yes, I was glad to see that email, as well as some other things that will make it easier - extension of upgrades, credit card miles counting towards MillionMiler awards etc.

On a separate note, With ticket prices so cheap, not sure when next I will use my miles

Is frequent flyer status compatible with concerns about the impacts of climate change on wine growing regions?

After 20 years spent flying all over the world in my parallel profession, I pretty quickly came to the conclusion: no miles earned feels as good as a direct flight. By adhering to some frequent flier loyalty, you end up going via some godforsaken hub and taking more flights than taking whichever airline flies direct. Time is money. Sanity is time.

Oh, and another thing I learned quick: Never, ever connect inbound from an international flight in the US - that means re-checking bags. Always connect outside the US as they check right through to destination.