What is your recent auction purchase?

90 Canon

86 Mouton a 4 bottle lot and i was the only bidder

Wow, that’s CHEEP for the Zidarich. They mostly sell for around $40/bottle. Quite a steal for wines nobody likes, besides Tom Hill (and yours truly)!

1979 Heitz Martha’s Vineyard Cab. No deal, but it’s a birth year wine, so I paid up to win what turned into quite a competitive bidding process.

It sure pays to be in your family

Ha, yeah a friend turned me on to them. Winebid sometimes has crazy bargains, just depends on what you’re looking for.

my last was a 97 Pergole Torte. watching a few more sangioveses right now as well.

This week:

1 - 2006 Pride Sangiovese (500ml)
3 - 2013 Pride Sangiovese (500ml)

Someone outbid me on the lot of 2010

I love the shape of these bottles. flirtysmile

2x1999 and 2x2005 F. Jobard Blagny La Piece Sous le Bois

2000 Latour-Giraud Meursault Perrieres (mag)

2012 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Estate
2012 Chablis “Mont de Milieu”, La Chablisienne (2 mags)

Recent pickups:
14 Lafon Barre
11 Lafon charmes
Various 14 and 15 chevillons
16 pichon lalande

Mazel tov to whoever won the 99 Gallet at hdh today. Please give me a call if you need help drinking it.

The Cote Rotie producer? How much did that go for?

And just acquired ‘14 trapet chambertin for him as well.

I’m going to do 23andme to establish a relation to Maureen. Even if distant, oughta be at least worth a village wine or two.

About 90 a bottle all in

That’s not bad at all, for the age and relative scarcity of older bottles of this.

2x 2010 Cecile Tremblay CM Cabottes

Thanks for the shout-out, Vincent! Really appreciate it.

Lol I was B***, nice snipe at the end.

Thanks for the shout-out Josh. Your sentiment of sharing even the good ones you didn’t take home is a great one! Every bottle of wine I win from WineBid, I share with friends. And the ones I bid on and don’t win, I figure I’m still sharing with friends in the community I haven’t met yet.