What meals did you grow up on

I always hated stuffed peppers too. Not that many dishes I grew up with that I liked enough to continue eating but there are

Flanken
egg salad
tuna salad
roast chicken
shoulder lamb chops

Chicken and homemade dumplings. Still miss it.

Oh, and my mother made great meatballs. I’ve never made ones as good.

Lechon at adobo.

Haven’t made stuffed peppers once since leaving home. Although, I love stuffed tomatoes

Love rösti, especially with lardons inside

Braised pigs feet in Madeira wine
Braised beef tongue with caper sauce
Boeuf pot au feu
Summer tomatoes filled with ground beef and oven baked
Lake perch filet
Lots of veg from the garden
Something like Italian sausage
Cheese fondue
Raclette
Quiche, all kind

Forgot calf liver

Ahhh! Raclette for your avatar… Brilliant

Noooooooooooo pileon

Can you send a couple of fat rattle snakes?
Will post a great recipe if anyone ask

Growing up in Michigan:
Venison
Pheasant
Duck
Walleye
Perch
Smelt
Washed it down with Stoh’s and Vernor’s!

My mom, bless her heart, was a terrible cook, so I can eat just about anything nowadays.

Boiled dinner
Liver and Onions
27 cent casserole
Cheapest steak imaginable fried to a full brown hue inside and out
‘Shit on a shingle’
Tuna casserole

Funny, my dad flew B-25’s out of Burma in WWII. I had to suffer through mom’s version of SOS, usually using unseasoned ground beef. I thought Wonder Bread was the bread available. I got all the white chicken meat because I was the only one in the family that would eat it. The only standing order was don’t ever serve vegi-burgers again.

How many of your parents had a bowl of bacon grease or other grease that sat on the stove for easy access? Was there a huge can of Crisco in the pantry?

Now it is my turn to laugh Randy. My father made my mother keep ALL bacon grease. The smell of it made me what to puke. I hated that smell. He made us use it on horses Hopple Burns (which are basically like a floor burn in gym, that some horses get from their equipment at times). I absolutely could not touch that shit. It immediately made me heave.

Not the bedroom?

Awww! Let’s talk grease…
When I was in Cayman Island I watch a old islander women doing breakfast, Norah was 80 and her assistant 70. Norah did the best turtle soup you can imagine, same recipe as her grandmother, so we are talking pirate time frame here. At breakfast the bacon fat was saved to be used for french toast and pancakes, it was absolutely awesome. For my part I had so many tubs of fat in the fridge that my wife got really pissed off. I had duck fat, foie gras drippings, Bacon fat and the beef fat from pan searing steaks. all awesome in my opinion.

My mother was a good cook, but was sick a lot .
The one meal that sticks in head, was fried flounder , with a side of large egg noodles mixed with creamed spinach . Yum

Shepherd’s pie
Lamb chops
Pork steaks baked with stuffing
Surprise pie
Fishfingers
Lancashire hotpot
Spag bol (Friday or Saturday)
Rotating roast for Sunday lunch: beef/lamb/chicken
Sunday tea toasted ham or tinned salmon sandwiches with crisps, mini-rolls and Battenberg cake.

Steak and chips on birthdays. Baked alaska to follow.