What Region / Variety do you think will take off?

“to improve mouthfeel”!?! You’ve gotta be kidding me … [suicide.gif]

oh goodness, I hope not! [beg.gif]

Kirk,
I hope you post about that No. 15 after you have it — I have one stored away, and would be interested in an update. [cheers.gif]

I have had a few good Mencia’s from Bierzo over the last year or so. Perhaps not a region to take off but I expect will get some interest.

[wow.gif]

It’s not uncommon as it increases the pH and gives it more roundness and texture/structure. I will say though that when he served his most recent stuff it was quite tannic with very good acidity (2012). The fruit was obviously there, but I’m hoping they’re more long-lived. I was pretty impressed with the overall direction and style.

I think most Americans just don’t like the taste of traditional styles of Sherry. I really don’t think it will ever take off in this country, despite the high quality and laughably low prices. I poured Valdespino Inocente Fino at an all-European tasting a while back, and out of the many people who tried it, only one actually liked it. I know that’s just one tasting, but from selling wine to the public for some years, I’m pretty confident about my opening sentence.