What’s the most inexpensive wine by the best wine makers.

For those last two, I’ve always even really enjoyed their Langhe Nebbiolo. Vajra’s I can get for about $13 and Produttori for $22. just killer wines at those prices.

If you like White wine, then you might send a Private Message to Mr Buzzini and ask him whether any of the “Grocery Store” versions of the Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc capture some of the essence of the I-Block.

Cool, had no idea he made a basic wine

Well, Aubert de Villaine runs DRC, the most expensive wine on earth. I recently had his red and white from the cote chalonnaise and they were excellent, for mid-price.

About 7 euros, at the domain …

Apparently Macario Montoya is now the winemaker for the Educated Guess lineup. I don’t know which vintages are his work (perhaps he could chime in here), but I would definitely go out of my way to check those out.

Pott Napa Valley Cab — $60

I’d echo the prior suggestions of Charvin CdR and Beaucastel’s Coudulet CdR.

I think you are probably looking for $25-$50 wines from winemakers known for $100+ wines, but I am going to throw out a couple of $12 Sauvignon Blancs from winemakers known for their $25-$50 wines: Chidaine Touraine Blanc & Henri Bourgeois Petit Bourgeois. Its gonna be summertime and the drinking will be easy . . .

Great recos.

Had the Bourgeouis Sancerre 2017 last night with grilled salmon. Excellent pairing on a very hot day in the South. Was $38 at the restaurant.

Love the entire Chidaine lineup.

I second these, and from someone I should never agree with. pileon Especially the Kabinetts. I would specifically mention AJ Adam, whose magnums of Drohner Hofberg Kabinett can be had for $40-ish.

Maybe this will teach you the wisdom of agreeing with me more often. [snort.gif] [cheers.gif]