What to order on this Alsatian list?

Colette Faller and Filles? Did Weinbach change name?
Great list. Excellent prices/choices in Alsace, Burg, Rhone. Even if dining solo I might be tempted to order a mag of 99 Bonneau du Martray CC, assuming if a restaurant you could send back if flawed, when not premoxed that was great.

I’d go for the Rolly Gassmann Auxerrois, Gewurztraminer or Pinot Gris Rorschwhir. I’ve had them before and loved them. Stupid LCBO and SAQ only brought them in once and I’ve never seen them ever again. [shock.gif]

This meal is happening right about now. I’m excited for Dave to report back in (and also a little jealous).

Hey, I actually I made it!
The restaurant menu and list were both accurate. I ended up going with one of the early initial suggestions, the 2010 Trimbach CFE, with the deciding factors being that’s our anniversary year and we’re on a delayed anniversary trip and I ordered cod.
Beautiful wine in a great spot after a decent amount of air.
Absolutely lovely restaurant. Ordered that 70 euro wine, a glass of cremant each to start and had three courses of beautifully put together food and it came to 170 all in. Exceptional value fine dining. Seems must stop if you’re in the area. Thanks again for the advice. I’ll try to send some thoughts on the whole trip next week since I got so much good advice here.

1 Like

Where in Alsace was this wine list? Will be in Alsace next spring and would love to have a go at this wine list. I assume the food was as good as the wine list.

Ingersheim

Will be there in March, just before ProWein. Can’t wait!

the 09 or 11 dagueneau sancerre would have been my pick. the 12 gonon st joseph magnum for 100 euro would have also been quite tempting.

I didn’t put 2 + 2 together, but we ate at that restaurant in 2017. Loved it! Outstanding food, service, and wine. Glad it all worked out well for you.

i’d go with 2017 coche meursault and 2007 rayas…