What Vincent Wine Company Are You Drinking?

Received my first mixed case of Vincent’s wines last week. Decided to start with the 2020 Gamay yesterday. One pour into the glass and let the rest of the bottle sit. Not much nose. Came back ~5 hours later. Slight fruit and pepper on the nose. First sip, fantastic! Completely filled my mouth with beautiful fruit flavors, not at all jammy. I couldn’t stop drinking. Delicious. I will be ordering more. Thank you Vincent.

1 Like

30 minutes in the glass.
Nose: lemon custard, lemon citrus, white flowers, slightly sweet on the finish (peach maybe?)
Palate: lemon rind, tart apple, white peach, very light nutty, and a slight saline finish

Super refreshing without acidity being overwhelming. Mouthfeel is getting a little heavier as time goes on, little less zippy and more lush on the finish. This finishes for days! Not that I couldn’t crush it, but this is one that makes you sit back and enjoy it. Disappointed I didn’t purchase more.

Paired with lemon chicken in butter lettuce wraps. chefs kiss

Posted from CellarTracker

Yesterday I opened a 2019 Eola -Amity Hills PN as one of the bottles with Easter dinner. Unfortunately, I only managed one glass before my sister and her offspring wiped it out. But it was delicious. Very delicate red fruit with a nice acid spine and a beautiful nose. Can’t wait to try this again but from a Grassl Cru and with time to follow it for many hours.

1 Like

I just got back from Oregon and had another incredible tasting with Vincent. The 2019’s are going to be incredible and definitely my kind of vintage. The 2019 Temperance was my personal favorite but hard to go wrong with any of them. We had a 2015 Zenith that was absolutely singing and the 2016 Bjornson is really starting to wake up. Such incredible wines and Vincent really is the nicest and most genuine guy around. Also opened a 2017 Brick House Chard over the weekend and thought it was the best showing yet.

Drank a bottle of 2013 Crowley Station PN back about 10 days ago, but I accidently deleted my notes before updating CT or posting here. All I can remember is that it was delicious and still seemed quite young, and was primarily red fruited on opening but became black fruited with several hours of air. (My 2nd 2013 PN in a row that morphed from red to black/blue fruit with air - the other being a Goodfellow Whistling Ridge.)

Interesting. Both sites are marine sediment, much windier at Crowley Station than up on Ribbon Ridge but maybe that red to blue is a soil thing.

1 Like

2019 Ribbon Ridge PN

Day 1 and Day 2 were quite lean. Kept corked around 58 degrees. Day 3 is really open with more fruit and a little funk. Love it.

2017 Vincent Pinot Noir Bjornson Vineyard Pretty nose with a bit of candied cherry. The palate is elegant and picks up weight with air. It is juicy with raspberry, sour cherry, and minerals. Delicious with tonight’s roast chicken.

Had the 2019 Vincent Gamay from Bjornson tonight and absolutely loved it. The Failla Gamay from same vineyard is one of my favorites and this is right up there. Sour cherries, enormous lift and exuberance, with enough old world charm.

I had the 2019 Zenith PN over the weekend and it was rocking. Really enjoying the elegance of 2019
Oregon PN. The 2019 Silvershot was excellent as well.

2016 Vincent Tardive Chardonnay. Glasvin Universal. Drank after 1/2hr in glass. Surprising light Lemon with some green (I thought it would be a bit darker). On the nose some flinty pear, pineapple, lemon, apple (green), again flinty gun power, some peach. Med + acid. On the palate fresh and vibrant green bruised apple, lemon, pear/pineapple, salty on back of the mouth. Finish is long sliding into salinity. Paired with scallops, orange, and fennel. This is a very good quality wine and could easily go another 5yr+. Wish I had more to follow but absolutely no regrets about opening this bottle. Seriously enjoyed!

Quick PSA on the Vincent library wines… Before serving, the bottles need to be upright for a good, long time*, like 10-14 days minimum; 30 days if you can.

(Bonus points if you get the candy bar reference.)

You should give extra extra extra bonus points [whistle.gif]

Nose is medicinal and cherry. Attack is bright sweet cherry, jolly rancher, but it’s immediately followed by tart pomegranate and hot cinnamon. Acid seems quite prevalent. Stem notes provide a bit of edginess.

Posted from CellarTracker

Killed 1/2 case of 2019 Chardonnays lately. WV, Tardive and Royer. Enjoying the new vineyard Royer very much but the Tardive bottling remains my Favorite.

Sean

Don’t miss the Vincent Fall Release email that was sent this morning. 2021 PN’s and 2017 Library wines-

3 Likes

And the red Pinot Gris…Has anyone tried that? How is it?

Thanks for posting. This must have came just after I checked my email this morning. I went for a mixed case of the 2017 offerings.

2 Likes

It’s awesome!! [berserker.gif] [winner.gif] pileon

Seriously it’s a fun, light colored red wine from Pinot Gris that has some serious texture to it.

1 Like

Really fun year in, year out. Way more interesting than 99% of your “white” pinot gris, but not an esoteric orange (a style I also like.) Crushable, chillable red wine with broad appeal imo.

1 Like