What wine did you not buy today?

Thomas Hsi Cabernet Sauvignon Mt. Veeder 2013 Napa, Ca.

+1

No buys so far in 2019.

I didn’t buy nor do I own these.

Yet, they stare back at me from my dining table.

CE21ECF2-78CB-4E3A-ADBA-D406555BD6F1.jpeg

I got these and the '14. Havent tried them yet.

Looks like we are in a similar predicament.

ha—stupid pricing makes the pass a bit easier. I had a hard time today not buying from the VinsRare 08 Champagne offering, too.

I’ll post what I passed on just as soon as I finish posting on the “What is your most recent wine purchase?” thread.

Warren

Passed on Once and Future. Opened a few of my past purchases and just sort of felt…meh.
Passed on all my Rivers Marie. I don’t get them. I think they are highly over rated, especially the cabs.
Passed on Enfield. I think they are released too young.
Passed on Saxum. Is there an opposite of a QPR?
Passed on Alban. I don’t know. Troubled about this one.
Passed on a few others that are better left unsaid. Board darlings.

I dropped the Ridge ATP club. Good wines but I have too many zins than I can drink.

I did not buy any of the wines today, leaving them all for you guys. You’re welcome

I had that recently - it is excellent.

I just ended a 9 month buying freeze today. Lists, email offers, you name it and I ignored it.
Thank you Kermit for the 20% off postcard that got abused this afternoon.

2009 Cristal and Dom Perignon.

No regrets.

Cheval Blanc 1985; outbid at Auction.

All of them blush

Your avatar matches this post perfectly btw.

Richard,
Yes, too much !
I started deeper interest in wine in the early 70’s . I always liked wine , but could not buy the better wines until my income got better and marriage in 1975 really spiked my interest and collecting of wines.
My tastes have only widened , but my favorites are still big, bold ,fruity Cabernet S and Cab Franc , usually younger than most drinkers favor.

Passed on a bottle each of ‘95 Lafite & ‘99 Palmer. Price was very good; but I had told a friend I’d give him first crack at said bottles.

Live visits to Ryebrook Wine, Westchester Wine Warehouse, and Manhattan Wine Company yesterday means I passed on dozens (hundreds?) of interesting wines. The most tempting and interesting passes at decent pricing, one from each store, were:

2016 J-M Pillot Chassagne Vergers Clos St Marc

2008 Trimbach CFE

2010 Flavio Roddolo Barbera Bricco Appiani

17 dujac and Vogüé offer