What wine goes best with beets?

I agree with Pinot Noir, especially an earthy, forest floor type.

Knowing you to be a fellow sherry lover, I recommend you at least give Fino or Manzanilla a try – I thought it was good.

I’m excited to try some of these other great suggestions in the next couple of days. Will report back. :slight_smile:

I’d pair the beets with goat cheese and the goat cheese with Chinon.

1 Like

Reading this, I now take back my recommendation above. Goat cheese and beet terrine is one of my favorites.

A day or two from now, just remember that you do not need to call 9-1-1.

1 Like

omg, that video is hysterical, Patrick! Thanks for posting!

For me a rose Champagne like a Ruinart.

I made Martin’s roasted beets dish for Christmas a couple of years ago, along with beef tenderloin. The Virage 2007 red worked really well with it. It has predominantly Cab Franc along with merlot.

The beet dish was delicious

That’s very interesting. Will have to try that. I’m guessing these are golden beets, not the red? There is an earthiness to Manzanilla (and the salinity), but otherwise I’m slightly surprised.

A nice story.

A mature kabinet ? The goat cheese is a bit of a curve ball relative to the rest of this thread.

Yeah I’m sure that was the problem. Not sure what my answer would be.

They’re actually red beets. I was really surprised, too!

For something like a roast beet salad, with goat cheese crumbles, some kind of crisp Loire white would go well. We have pickled or roast beets a lot in the winter; its a traditional pairing with beef in some regions.