What would you order?

In a general sense the “big”, “ripe” reds will clash more and softer, less tannic, lighter bodied wold be better. Maturity can smooth out wines that might be problematic young.

The other perspective of wine pairing starts with the wine, to look for what dishes would go with it, instead of the other way around. Some of us wine geeks do a bit of both. At home, you can adapt a dish to go better with a wine - a topic for another thread.

We had a great vegetarian restaurant here. It’s first iteration was kosher-vegan, then they broadened, so some dishes weren’t kosher and some were just vegetarian. (Then a greedy myopic investor imploded it.) As a meat eater, there was no lacking in flavor or textural elements, no gimmicky resorting to fake meat BS. This was high-end and as good as any restaurant I’ve been to.

this list linked above is from July 2019. I would ask for a more current wine list

this list linked above is from July 2019. I would ask for a more current wine list

I doubt there is much on the list still not available. Prices are really high except for the half off night.

For a few replies about, it’s 50% off bottles UNDER $100.

I’d go with the 2016 Andrew Will Cabernet Franc at $75. That’s a good bottle for under $40.

2015 Alto Moncayo Grenache!