What's the smallest production cuvée in Burgundy?

Yes - he started the thread and I love it… grouphug

The Musigny plots below the road are certainly not the very best among the vineyard, I’ ve tasted both before sale to Tawse … not really GC-level …
BTW also Taupenots CdLambrays (tasted only once) wasn’t mind-opening …

SAQ ( in Quebec, Canada ) used to carry Taupenots CdLambrays and quite pricey…

In both cases we are in a sense dealing with “technicalities”, in that the Taupenot parcel of Clos des Lambrays is a former vegetable garden that happened to be included within the grand cru boundaries, and was subsequently planted to vines; and the piece of Musigny in question is, as Gerhard says, below the road and might be more accurately considered a terrace at the top of Les Petits Vougeots than Musigny-proper, though when the boundaries were drawn it happened to fall within the latter. So, I don’t think either can be considered the apex of anything if we are being purists.

Afaic there are two further Musigny parcels below the road - one is actually just across the wall and rather unplantable, steep and stoney, “hanging” over Petits Vougeots (belonging to Bertagna?) but obviously inside the Musigny AC - and a 2nd very small triangular one (property of de Vogüé) close to the Chateau de Vougeot, unplanted and used as parkings space by the Vogüé staff … or by tourists stopping to shoot photos or taking a walk. Also not worth planting …
According to Matt Kramer there should also be another tiny parcel in the North close to Les Borniques (0.0051 ha), belonging to Bernard Clair with bushes and rocks, obviously also unplantable.

See: Weinlagen

That’s a cool map. Couldn’t find Clos des Rosiers’ parcel on there, but as long as we’re talking small plots that have a hint of Clos des Lambrays…

You can see the cadastral map here: https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte?c=4.954644255508424,47.177552612901906&z=18&l0=ORTHOIMAGERY.ORTHOPHOTOS::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS(1)&l1=CADASTRALPARCELS.PARCELS::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS(1)&permalink=yes

Clos des Rosiers - of Chantal Remy- is in Morey-St-Denis, right behind the house of Chantal … and below Clos des Lambrays/Meix Rentiers …
in most maps it´s simply indicated as “Le Village”. Yes, it seems to be missing in “Weinlagen” …

BTW: once I´ve been told that also Domaine Gerard Raphet has a tiny spot in his backyard/garden (whatever) that would be entitled to the Clos des Lambray Appellation … but it´s unplanted and either a garden or covered with concrete … no plan to change that …

Is it any better now? The one bottle of Christian Confuron Musigny I tried was execrable. The story I heard was that they tore up a parking lot to plant the vines.

Then i deeply apologize dude: i thought you were interested in rare but great wines. Not oddities. If you like the super rare wines, try to grab some van berg wines. It will cost you a fortune but I dont guarantee you a great moment…

It remains a true and persistant underdog

You’re right with regards to tawse musigny.
I have seen that tawse already sold musigny back to 2011, probably through agreement with producers.
i dont know if their musigny today is only coming from the plot they bought or if they blend it with some other grapes. 2018 quantity (matured in a 380l barrel according to vinous) seems a bit high for a plot of this size

This looks awesome too! I played with it for a few minutes and couldn’t find a key linking owner number to owner name. Tell me I was silly and overlooked the obvious.

Thanks.

Sadly there is no such thing. If you are a registered architect you can write in and find out, but the information has not been publicly accessible for 30 years or so. So it is a question of piecing things together.

Thanks, William. I was quite excited, but now a bit deflated. Ah well.

Snapped a few pics last summer while visiting …of the area in question
30B1D113-0EFD-42A9-A228-59210D354AE6.jpeg
EB288040-6B08-4E7F-8D35-C960D749FBF3.jpeg
92D54877-AF43-402E-A19C-1C25540CDF68.jpeg

You’ll have to wait until my book comes out…! (Not for a while)

But one thing I’d like to do this year, if time permits, is take some photos of different producers’ vines in the same appellation throughout the year so folks can see the differences. Could be quite insightful.

Great idea!

The pics of Gus (especially the 1st one) show clearly the triangular parking spot entitled to Musigny AC …
the vines are the ex-Christian Confuron (now Tawse)

Bugger, didn’t get a pic of the back label to confirm. This was 102.

MontyMusigny-32.jpg