When Your Neighbor Asks if You Like Wine

To paraphrase the great poet Robert Frost:

Good Dujacs make good neighbors!

:joy::joy:

Nothing worse than living next to home brew guy, (who only drinks his own) I hadn’t considered basement wine guy could be worse actually.

We sold our first house to home brew guy. He was very excited that it had an actively cooled wine cellar (room/closet) in the basement - “Now I can finally try making a lager!”

Don’t be sad. . . xoxo.

He has a huge cellar - at home and off site. Tons of burgundy from DRC to Rousseau to Leflaive, etc etc. He told me his wine budget is about $15K a month. . . so yeah, I’d say he’s serious.

Good neighbor to have. Most of mine get the low end at Costco or Trader Joes.

Come on… [bullshit.gif]

My neighbor is a Franzia…seriously.

Well, that rules out all of my neighbors.

+2.

The boot black at my Dad’s prior office building found out that my dad had a passion for wine. At Christmas, she gave him a present. A jar of homemade raisin wine. Clear brown color. I tried it. It was definitely homemade.

I always appreciate, sincerely, the thought when someone gives me a bottle. I almost never appreciate the bottle.

On another wine board, a guy posted this exact story about some guy named KJohn who rides peloton and drinks wine neener

I converted my neighbor from a CostCo only buyer to some pretty good stuff. He has a sweet tooth so he has a decent collection of Yquem and lots of other good Sauternes. Quite a bit of good red Bordeaux. I just swept up four bottles of 2016 La Conseillante when K&L discounted it, offered him some, and he took three of them! I’m trying to get him to buy Chave now.

No I saw that one. It was slightly embellished. Something about me washing my car in a bikini and spraying Truly Sparkling Seltzer on myself before offering a sparkling moscato to the passing jogger

Same situation here. My neighbor typically buys box wine from Kroger, though he appreciates the good stuff I open. On the bright side, he smokes some of the best brisket I’ve ever had.

I met a guy at a Kermit Lynch dinner who literally lived three houses down the street from me. It would have been nice if he didn’t spend the whole dinner pontificating on what I should be tasting. My wife had kindly offered him a ride home, and he continued on the same tack for another ten minutes. I saw at him at another dinner at Stone Barns, and tried unsuccessfully to avoid him. I ended up leaving early as he was leeching onto me.

I give bottles of wine to my neighbor, she likes Cabs, and she gives us chocolate chip cookies whenever she bakes them.

Very equitable for my family.

Ah, C’mon Mark.

Brooming neighbors is not that difficult.

We discovered a vaccine for neighbors: sue the HOA and win, causing a Special Assessment. Works like a charm.

my neighbor paid for his house with sales from the specialty water bong he invented.