Where's The 2008 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne BdB?

The '06 Comtes blanc is absolutely brilliant, you should buy more. Came joint top with Cristal in a big '06 tete-de-cuvee horizontal I was at. It obliterated my bottle of Salon and (and admittedly not 100% pristine) Dom Ruinart in the BdB flight.

I have bought “more” on several occasions.

100% agree and I’m including the vintage rose as well.

Get ready Howard, more notes are forthcoming.

Blake,

Absolutely. And, the upcharge from the BdB to Rose is lower both $-wise and %-wise than most other prestige cuvees.

Yep. I’ve got an 07 rose ready for the 4th. Every bottle has been stupendous. I may have to add an 06 BdB for some more TNs for Howard.

Perhaps they should bottle the 2008 en magnum and package it with 750s of the 05, 06, and 07. [wow.gif]

champagne.gif [wow.gif]

Does Taittinger do a late release/RD/Oenotheque/P2/long vieillissement for the CdC?

Michael,

Yes, but it isn’t advertised and is still more of a special request type of thing. Going back over a decade, there have been talks of launching something officially, but it hasn’t happened yet. Historically, the Taittinger family really didn’t hold a lot of wines back. They do have some (both disgorged and undisgorged), but for most vintages prior to 2000 (Maybe they could do a very limited release of some mid-90s vintages), they are not in quantities to take to market with an official release like a DP, Roederer, Clicquot, Bollinger, etc… I expect this will change at some point, but I thought that five years ago as well.

[smileyvault-ban.gif]

champagne.gif

After going through my notes, I will correct my earlier post as the 2007 BdB is smaller than normal in volume and not the normal prodution level. It isn’t as low as a 2002, 1997, 1994, or others, but it isn’t as high as the 2004-2006 vintages were.

Great Champagne. The favorite of she who must be obeyed.

They would probably sell the set of (6) bottles + Magnum for $1,250 instead of $8,000-$9,000 and it would be better. champagne.gif

Quite nice when that happens…

I ordered 6 from Woodland Hills back in November at $125/per. Will be interesting to see if they owner that price. If not, can I get 15% restocking fee on my money? neener

Thank you. flirtysmile

I wrote Taittinger and they replied that the 2008 will be released on the European market in October. Rose much later in 2021. It seems this frenzy has been building but I’m worn out after 2+ years of waiting. But given the quality of 2009-2014, I’m not being tempted by other champagnes either. Time will tell.

Jasper Morris writing about the 2008s scored it 98, the same as Dom, and just behind Cristal at 99.

Actually a really well written report, and for those Champagnes I have tasted, the scores were almost identical to mine. He obviously has a magnificent palate. champagne.gif

Same for the UK, by the way - October.