Which Jamet?

I don’t doubt the components, I doubt its readiness! 05s are huge and I don’t know how this dinner is being organized. The 95 Chave needs @1.5/2 hours of air to show it’s best imo - I opened one about 6 months ago.

Thanks for all of the input so far. No worries about how the event is organized–this is a long-standing group and we know how to handle our wines. they will get plenty of air, and efforts will be made to keep the wines at an appropriate temp. (a real problem with summer tastings of serious reds). this will be an in-person tasting, but because of covid, will be outside, safely distanced, and the food will be more restricted than normal to minimize contact/virus risks. (In general I don’t like outside tastings of more serious wines, but with the virus, it’s the sensible option).

It’s also interesting that the Jamet will be the poor stepchild in the group, as I think folks value the Chave and Allemand more, and pretty much everyone has Jamet. But that’s all I have (aside from a few older Guigal, and an 06 Jasmin).

i’d vote for the 04 jamet it’d go great with what’s being served and definitely won’t be a red headed step child

John, didn’t mean to imply anything - just that I didn’t know the particulars :slight_smile:

FWIW I had the 2004 a couple of months ago and it’s in a very enjoyable state. Aromatically forward and doesn’t need much air to get going

John, have you had 06 Jasmin recently? Wondering how it is now.

How much air? I coincidentally pulled '95 Chave from off-site storage this weekend. An hour in the decanter, an all-day slow-ox, or something else?

I love me some Jamet! Fortunately I will be there.

1.5 to 2 hours, nothing crazy.

I would go with either 04, 06 or 07. All are quite enjoyable at the moment imo, and depending on how you like your syrah I’d say it might be time to open the 04.
08 I’ve had only one or two bottles, it was clearly showing the limits of the vintage.
I would not touch 05, 09 or 10 for sure.

Alain

Mike–haven’t had it, and only have one bottle.