Which RIDGE are you drinking?

Saving it for 2030?

Yep, I think that’s the move!! [cheers.gif]

Thanks, it was! I really should have taken a picture after pouring. Great color indeed. This was actually the slightly lesser bottle in terms of fill level.

Yes, old Ridge PS really is at the sweet spot of longevity and accessibility (relatively speaking). Enjoy your 80s specimens!

2009 Geyserville. Very youthful and very delicious.

Really all you could ask for from an unculty 1994 Cabernet. A delight.

8C1ED616-2FE4-4FE5-AEF6-18E439D37DCE.jpeg

4 Likes

We have a bit of Ridge in our collection (only live about a 35 minute twisty/turvy drive from the winery), not a member though I have a close friend who is, so often buy through her. We were just up there on July 3rd for a tasting. They do have a number of wines I really enjoy, and they have definitely become one of my preferred Zin producers.

As for the question at hand, not drinking a Ridge at the moment, but just did have a 2014 Ridge Lytton Springs. Was quite enjoyable.

Had a of glass last night of 2017 Geyserville, looking forward to finishing tonight. Very “delicious”

In 1/2 bottle this is still a beast at age fourteen. Feral nose upon opening, has to sit in a glass for an hour before this mellows. Gobs of coating black fruit and crunchy tannins. Still, very enjoyable to drink. We had this after dinner, wine would step on all but the richest proteins.

In 750 this wine easily outlives me.

25236576-7EDA-4B7A-BD47-75EA6568712E.jpeg

2 Likes

I am between a 2009 and 2007 Ridge Monte Bello to open up soon. Which one should I open up first?

'18 Jimsomare Zin. Outstanding!

1 Like

I’d guess '07.

Another vote for 07 if we’re talking 1/2 bottles.

• 1984 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain - USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain (6/21/2022)
    perfect cork, quick decant off sediment. Fruit from Beatty vineyard, coming in at 11.9%. The bottle note says this wine needs 2-3 more years in bottle to show best, and up to 10 years, but at 35+ years in bottle this is phenomenal. Reasonable acid up front, followed by great purple fruit, loads of leather, and some forest floor. Still a good chunk of tannins, so feeling good that the other bottle will make it to 40 years post-vintage.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

1992 Ridge Late Picked Zinfandel, Pagani Ranch. Sonoma Valley. 80% Zinfandel, 15% Mataro, 5% petite sirah. Wow! Drank on vacation so no detailed notes but this was incredibly good! Complex and deep blue and black fruits, baking spice, and a very long finish. What was a bit surprising was that I did not get any residual sweetness at all (which was a good thing). Just pure, well integrated fruit and just enough acidity. A real treat. Man I love Ridge!

3 Likes

Opened at a wine dinner in Laguna and it showed exquisitely. Tons of overt fruit made for a real punchy attack and there was a nervous spine while wine was completed resolved.

Will get no better and the cork was saturated.

3 Likes

Wow, what a treat buddy! Good stuff!

1 Like

This was fantastic and a huge surprise. Thanks for sharing this one Glenn!

1 Like

Agreed. I drank my last bottle of 2009 Geyserville very recently and it was still incredibly tasty and indeed youthful! Also in my Geyserville line-up are 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016. Drank what I did not think was my final bottle of the 2014…no notes taken either as we were already bloody steaming that evening…

1 Like

Ridge Lytton Springs 2014 - Open for business, lush nose of red fruits and spice, touch of blackberry also on the palate, in a perfect place and I suspect will hold there for the next ten to fifteen years. Lovely.

1 Like