Which wine to choose? - The Epilogue

Tom did not indicate that he was invited.

Oops. Edited a wrong post.

Ended up going with the 2015 Mondavi Reserve. I suggested decanting as soon as they got to the restaurant.

Did not go according to plan.

There was a pre-party where the ladies drank a decent amount of mixed drinks before going to dinner with a designated driver.

Once at the restaurant, a quick round of drinks was followed up by some activity, which resulted in the management buying shots for the table, as well as another table buying a round of tequila shots. They remembered decanting when they ordered. Only 3 of the 7 ladies wanted a glass of wine by that time, but the three that had it raved about it, which lead to others wanting to try some, which they poured into their shot glasses. Two glasses were shared with the table that bought the round.

So, I guess it was a success, although any sort of wine probably would have been a hit.

2 Likes

Nice try, Victor, but did you actually READ my post? Can’t be a more blatant recommendation than the one I made. But you like to pontificate, so knock yourself out…

Sounds like by the time you got to the wine, they really didn’t even need to pull the cork. Rounds of sparkling water would have been a better beverage! Hope there was Uber or a designated driver. Hope she was in a good mood when she got home…

The wine was appreciated and wife was happy, so all good.

And yes, combo of designated driver and Ubers.

Very different “wine” dinner than I’m used to.

…that bottle of Rombauer would have crushed at that point!! :wink:

Glad they had a good time and it worked out reasonably well with the wine [cheers.gif]

Probably none of the 3. Too young on all of them. I would personally choose an alternative.

If the plan was one bottle for 7 people it was never a wine dinner lol. Sounds like a party.

That’s perfectly hilarious! Poured into shot glasses!!??
The only thing that would make the story better? Another table ordering them a bottle of that new Sparkler, Just The Tipsy!