While it's still fresh...planning/ideas/comments on BerserkerDay IX (2018)

I love BD. I bought almost all that I wanted. If I had more funds I would have bought some of Merrill’s wine. BD a couple of years ago was my first exposure to EMH and I have bought more since, though in limited quantities. I’ve tried my West of Temperance purchase and I love their take on unique Italian grapes. I can’t wait for my Tercero, Virage and Princess and Peasant. BD is what gives these smaller wineries exposure. So I vote for more sampler packs that allow us to stick our toe in the water. I also agree, way too much Pinot.

Thanks a ton, Brig, for all the nice things that you’ve had to say about our participation. It was truly our pleasure and, now that the dust has settled a bit and we can reflect, I can honestly say it was a huge win from our perspective. You guys gave us great guidance in terms of a roadmap for success - tell our story, offer a good “introductory” deal, and be around to answer questions. We did, and it worked. Todd was extremely accessible as well, for behind the scenes questions in the midst of the maelstrom. Much gratitude to you both.

BIG +1.

This is a total shot in the dark but is it JB Neufeld? He produces 100% cab from some respectable WA vineyards. Feel free to not answer if it is supposed to be a secret/surprise.

It is not but they’d be awesome! JB Neufeld - Wines

I know of them though, ChrisinSunnyside (CT forum) shared a bottle of theirs with me.

Do you know the JB guys? If not, I know ChrisinSunnyside does so he could make an introduction.

Chris planted a vineyard a couple of years ago and he said he’ll have a BD offer next year, the winery is Goat Rocks Vineyards. Here’s the thread on CT.

Goat Rocks Vineyard - PLANTING Begins!

My wife is good friends with Justin’s wife. She’s the “B” in JB Neufeld. I can put out a feeler with them and see if they’d be interested and then put them in touch if so. I am a big fan of their wine and am a small time buyer every year. Reasonably priced and high quality WA Cab that fits my taste well.

The other WA producer is intriguing and I’ll definitely check them out.

I’m looking for both, so like it when wineries provide both, at least when possible.

For wineries I haven’t tried, I like an “intro” pack that gives me a chance to try something the winery is proud of and will hope to make me into a repeat customer, hopefully at a bargain price.

For wineries I’ve tried, I like to see both bargain prices and something that’s not generally available, be it 375s, magnums, library selections, etc.

In other words, all of these things are good from my perspective.

Brig, I’ll send you a PM with a phone number for JB Neufeld. They said they might be interested in participating.

Just spoke with Justin at JB Neufeld, they’re really excited. Thanks for your help.

So we have a new Washington state winery and cabernet sauvignon producer onboard for BD IX next year.

CT really likes his juice and reasonably priced. Here’s a list. Justin said he’ll probably offer his 2014.

That’s how we roll on WB! [berserker.gif]

Anyone else have a winery they’d like to see?

Got my wish! Berserkers are gonna love this stuff!

hi everyone! first time Berserker Day participant (was not able to participate in Preview Day).

i think it’d be cool to have a subject line that is informative to make a little self-filtering an option. maybe list the varietals and the lowest price of a package you’re selling:

CA Pinot - $189/3pk+ - Domaine Schuyler’s Best Deal of the Year
OR Pinot - $4/btl - Charles Shaw’s Best!
CA Red Blends/Pinot/Syrah - $7000/3pk - We’re Basically Screaming Eagle