Who do you trust (Flawed Poll Redux)

Several names here I have never even heard of.

Oh, and

[mouth-drop.gif]

Seems to be the smilie of choice for this thread

FMIII

On a somewhat limited basis the tasting notes from the PRINCE of PINOT, (Rusty) are pretty close to my tastes for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. He also is limited to mostly west coast wines but that fits well with my wine habits.

haha, +1. I do wish Frank used number scores sometimes, though. I think I understand his rationale in deciding not to use scores, but personally after discussing this with some others, I’ve realized that it does help to use a number as a relative scale for indicating how much you enjoyed a wine, or to indicate how you think it compares to others. Wine drinking isn’t all about comparison but all of us have limited space/budgets/time, and making a choice to drink one wine instead of another is telling.

Also appreciate Loren Sonkin’s notes here. +1 on the contributions from Brad Baker and Jeff Leve in their respective areas, as well.

I always trusted Bob Wood. As long as he rated a wine “shitty” I would buy.

Falstaff. Sir John Falstaff.

Would be interesting if you had a ‘negative’ box as well as a positive one. That way we could see who (if any) were trusted more than they were distrusted.

Wine Enthusiast shouldn’t even be listed.

+1

+1 on the -1

Watch him at a mass tasting - sip, spit, score. I don’t even trust my own notes and scores from those things, much less some random mad scorer.

In response to the OP - none of the above.

I’d look at the vintage, region, wine maker, varieties, or whatever clues I had on hand. Picking at random, I’m sure Jeb’s a decent guy - everyone who knows him says so. But why would I care what he said about a Bordeaux? Or Rioja? Same with RJ. Or Burghound. And Suckling gives it 90 points if it’s liquid. Look at the email from places like Winex - “a whopping 96 points from Suckling” is somewhere in every notice.