Who Has the Best Wine Shop in Chicago

Well, it’s a bigger city for starters…

Sorry for missing this thread I have not been on much between the holidays and now my daughter skating season. I want to thank you guys for the shout out. Randy you can call me with any requests at any time. We have a number of small hard to get California wines. I will always try and help. We can ship as well. We do a number of corporate gift every year as well as take care of high end customers that need attention. Thanks for thinking of us.

I was in Chicago this week and searched this thread looking for retail ideas. Popped into Binny’s after meetings and thought it was great. Very nice selection, so would vouch for it. I didn’t go into the wine room for fear of blowing too much money, but did make 3 pure impulse buys. Jadot and Ridge are 375s.
IMG_3977.jpg

I’ve done business (happily) with most of the retailers named here: Binnys, Knightsbridge, Flickingers and TCWC. I would be happy to send a friend to any of them. I find that for back-vintage bdx (which is what I am buying these days when I buy) TCWC is probably the most reliable. I have also bought from HDH and have high regard for their operation, but their shipping is dramatically more expensive than the others, at least for less-than-case lots, and so I use them rarely. Not a problem if the customer is in CHI I suppose

What does it matter? Burgundy is dead at retail in Chicago

I like Binny’s.
Note that while Binny’s is Binny’s, Syrahs are not Syrah’s.

1 Like

Go to Binny’s. Besides the recommendations here, it would be like paying tribute to Alan Eden.