Wife rocks! Here is what she gifted me with today...

Only select stores carry it. She had to ask for it as it was not on display.

I like the line: “If the best part of waking up is ‘Folgers in your cup,’ I’m not so sure I wanna be waking up.”

I hope you enjoy your gift. That was nice.

Same here. We’ve been to Jamaica twice, and we had Blue Mountain every morning. The setting probably helped, but it was consistently some of the best coffee I’ve ever had.

One of my local SBUX has a bunch of bags of this. I’m happy to pick it up and ship at cost if anyone isn’t able to source it.

Mike - nice gift. What’s your prep on that coffee? And, did you vary it for these beans or stick with what you like to see if there was a difference?

Hi Chris, I did not change a thing.
Burr grinder and this:

Mike, how many grams of coffee in that contraption for one cup brew? That looks like a HUGE amount, but I cant see how deep it goes.

I drink home roasted single origin coffee every day. Most of it is excellent (and at <$7/pound), but every once in a while there is a cup that is other worldly. I’ve given up trying to make this happen on a regular basis. It seems there is some combination of events that luck dictates: perfect beans, perfect roast, grinding not too soon but not too long after roasting, weather, moon phase, my mood, humidity, ambiance, current events, wife’s mood… Anyway, it just happens and I get happy. But I’ve stopped searching. My greatest cup was from East Timor. I couldn’t even get those beans for a while due to their civil war.

Anyway, more info on Blue Mountain and Jamaica in general for those seeking coffee geek knowledge.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/coffee/full-description/jamaica

I will weigh it tomorrow morning. its roughly 3/4 cup ground. I do like a bit stronger than most.
Recommended is 4 tablespoon for 6 oz coffee. My favorite cup is more like 10-12oz

thats interesting, I have been experimenting with drip again. I read 14 tbs for a 10 cup (european) pot. I have been using that or close to that and so far like the flavor. All I can say is I didnt know what I was missing with my Keurig

I like how it extracts full flavor from the grinds. You really get the feel of the beans.

Will concur that though i dont’ often drink coffee, the blue mountain consumed while in Jamaica was excellent.
how is the starbucks blend Mike?

Quite good. As mentioned I remember JBM from a trip long ago. I never thought much as always figured everything tastes better on vacation. This is a special cup of coffee I plan on only enjoying at times when I can sit and actually enjoy it. My average day starts with me sipping and feeding the dog, cleaning the dog’s water bowls and gathering lunch up for my wife and myself as well as all the usual things one does whilst exiting their home to go to work-- hardly contemplative.