Williams Selyem Spring 2020 Release

I wasn’t allocated any TDP but I’ll wishlist. Scott, is it similar to Weir in your opinion? I’m trying to gauge a similar wine in this offering tho fully understand it’s subjective.

Looks like their website is down. Anybody else having problems ordering?

i never rush to order these. usually wait until they follow up 4-5 times. the NY pickup at millbrook winery is a fun afternoon but not covid friendly. Wines are good, but agree with all they are pricey.

I think they’re similar in that they are both a little higher in acid and restrained in flavors vs the RRV bottlings.

TdP must be pretty small production-wise, I don’t think I’ve ever been allocated more than one bottle.

1 Like

We have been buying and drinking WS wines forever…or so it seems! If I check CT, I find it to be our number one in both possession and consumption. At almost all price levels, they drink very well young but age beautifully. We tend to keep the SVD’s for ten years or more and drink the appellation wines a bit sooner. I realize that they are not inexpensive but in this day and age, to me, they still represent excellent value.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

De Acuerdo!
While I was a bit sticker shocked about appellation prices, its is one of those makers I always regret not getting my full allocation, and then I end up wrestling bottles at a premium from other local SoCal WS fans. Their release parties were and will be our must do Sonoma trip for years. Hard to find a bad bottle really
Saludos

The evolution of the WS wines over the past almost 20 years (!!!) I’ve been on the mailing list is really compelling and fun. The wines are as good as they’ve ever been post-sale. There is fantastic purity and expression in these wines. I have my favorites, but that list seems to be expanding over time. They’ve aged beautifully and are delightful on the younger side. Like Bryan and others above, I find myself coming back to them more and more.