Wine Berserkers Social Video Meet/Virtual Tasting #10 - Friday, 4/17 @6:30 PM Pacific

BUMP! I’ll be drinking something that goes with Flannery burgers, if they arrive today as promised!

I really, REALLY need to buy some Flannery at the next BD. Omaha Steaks is good but this seems like a big level up.

Um…

Omaha steaks are absolute trash, Brian. Flavorless, not marbled at all, strange shades of gray upon receipt…Omaha steaks are literally the Walgreens box wine of steaks. With the wines you drink, if you’ve never tried Flannery, I really, REALLY encourage you go ameliorate that IMMEDIATELY

Maybe Omaha Steaks is a step up for me because I grew up with my parents cooking everything well done. I fixed that very quickly [rofl.gif]

I’ll check out their website. Any tips on their cuts for someone without a grill at the moment? I usually pan sear and finish with throwing the pan in the oven.

Got in on some Flannery steaks for the hacker sale, holy sheet are they good cuts of meat. First time buying from them, and absolutely will be a repeat customer.

Hangers will change your life. Low and slow in the oven is perfectly fine for those. Reverse sear works great for just about everything else they sell. Waste NO TIME - get some NOW, seriously

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-Original-Premium-Charcoal-22-Inch/dp/B00MKB5TXA/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Weber+Grill&qid=1587148559&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRUZWMzE3Mko3NUszJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTc2MDQxMjVMSjhVWk45VEJJSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODU0MTIxMjEwUFlKOTQ4U1Q3SyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= [wink.gif]

Funny

I just throw them on a hot pan. Turn it. Throw in broiler. Turn it. Done.

I think newbies should start with the Jorges. flirtysmile flirtysmile

I’m currently full of Jorge’s [pillow-fight.gif]

Brian: This may sound strange but if you actually figure the real price per pound for Omamha steaks then you may be surprised. In addition, on the Flannery website, Bryan has cooking instructions for almost all cuts using all different methods.They are quite accurate. I have been buying from him for over ten years and you really cannot go wrong.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I’m already convinced Marshall haha. Fortunately the majority of my Omaha Steaks has been gifts from relatives or bought on deep discount with Groupon.

Still not worth it - even free, they aren’t worth it [snort.gif]

Fun time tonight even if Todd did bail before I could ask him about his new smoker.

Kyser the Golden Retriever is still sleeping it off.
Great to see everyone.
@Todd—I told you that I don’t always drink old world. [cheers.gif]

My wife just told me she got a $25 credit from Gold Belly, and sure enough Flannery is on there! Going to order some steak :slight_smile:

Brian, here is a classic thread from the past. David vs. Goliath.
https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/flannery-receives-cease-and-desist-from-omaha-steaks-over-private-reserve-term/43979/1

Check out the Helluva Deal section for some sweet pricing.

Nice to see old friends. Nice to finally meet so many that I can finally put a face to the name.

So entertaining!

We went with a 6-pack of NY strips, ribeye, and filet mignon (2 each). Can’t wait!