Wine Check and Alaska Airlines get 'married'

Dan. The deal is 20% off with code. Are u skimming 10%? :wink:

Todd, appreciate the headsup, am a member…guess I should read their emails more closely…thanks, Jon

I was wondering who would catch this? [wink.gif]

So kind of cool/funky thing with this…I was flying on an Alaska saver tix last weekend with wine. Normally you’re supposed to get boarded last (“Group E for Extraordinary!” as Gate Lady phrased it) but because we had to check our wine at the agent (not with sky caps), they ended up putting us in Group B and seating us in those front extra roomy seats. We have no status or anything with Alaska. So there might be a chance on full flights, with saver tix, that you could get a better seat by checking wine, since I think their process may end up issuing a seat when the wine claim is generated.

Pure speculation, but when flying home, again on Alaska savers, this time with no checked wine, we did get the ‘correct’ Saver treatment: boarding last, fighting tooth & claw for overhead space, middle seats etc.

Still it was a lot better than United, whose style is to administer a beat down and drag your wine off the plane