wine.com delivery fail

Save all your CS bot conversations.

This is (mostly) on IT. For one thing, their systems probably donā€™t even support a global halt of shipments. Even if they do, not everyone would want the shipments halted. This is about 70% on whoever the CTO is for not managing the project properly, and 30% on the COO and/or CEO for not managing the CTO properly. And, as my son has pointed out, there were probably some questionable outsourcing decisions made along the way in the interests of ā€œsavingā€ money.

For those who have been able to reach customer service regarding releasing hold shipments prematurely. How are they offering to make things right, offering replacement bottles? Credit?

Will have to check my cards to see if I have been double charged for some of my orders.

Thus far the Wine.com sales rep that I had reached out to, while responding promptly, has been of no use. Heā€™s telling me his system shows it hasnā€™t shipped and keeps saying that despite me literally giving him the tracking number that is on my Wine.com profile under the order.

I would wager the majority of their customers want and expect immediate delivery. So holding shipment for all would result in a nasty backlash the other way. The great paradox ā€œyouā€™re damned if you do, youā€™re damned if you donā€™tā€

Document the conversation, e-mail to him his statement about nothing being shipped, and keep whatever arrives if not charged.

Maybe you will get another duplicate shipment in the fall! Then you can do a side by side on heat damage effect.

Today. My original charge was from June 7th, and the most recent charge is still pending.

Iā€™ve have the opposite problem with wine.com.

Placed an order last week and the charge posted on my credit card, just looked after reading this thread and the charge has disappeared from my credit card. Now Iā€™m not sure if these wines will ship or if they were even purchased??? What a mess

Thanks for the tip on the dupe charges - a bunch hit my card this morning, but all showing as ā€œauth-pending.ā€ Crazy.

Time to re-brand:

http://www.WTF.com

Just echoing whatā€™s already been said. August 30 I had 7 phantom charges from wine.com on my credit card not reflected in my wine.com account. I thought they were fraudulent so removed my credit card info and changed my password and contacted customer service. Finally got to a real person that reported it was additional state tax (Colorado) for pending orders. This did not align with my 10 pending orders. Now just this morning, I had another 7-8 charges for hundreds of dollars that I did not purchase. I cancelled my card. Reported as fraud and kicked it back to wine.com. Iā€™ve also had several orders on hold for October ship prematurely. I refused delivery and reordered for cooler shipping temps.

I think this extends beyond a software update or whatever. Due to the scale of this disaster, I think theyā€™ve had a security breach and are scrambling to fix it internally. A full explanation or some sort of communication is long over due. Not buying from them for a while. Good luck!

not a good time if youā€™re looking for new fundingā€¦

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-31/wine-com-seeks-funding-at-a-valuation-of-more-than-1-billion

When I clicked on your link, it sent me to wine.com (Iā€™m not making this up). The ironyā€¦

I went to buy wine at wine.com, but the site took me to my Bloomberg terminal.

There is nothing to indicate that there has been a security breach, or anything other than just a rather glitchy rollout of a new IT system.

You really think somebody hacked into wine.com, stole your credit card info, and then charged you money from wine.com in the exact amount of your previous orders?

In any event, all of the charges that I have received from wine.com were just pending charges, and I expect they will be reversed shortly. No need to freak out.

They are on it. Just received this email.

Dear Jonathan,

It has come to our attention that some Wine.com customers were recently double charged for futures orders. We are extremely sorry for this mistake and are working to reverse these charges immediately.

We appreciate your business and your patience as we remedy these orders. Please note that there is no need to request a refund as we will automatically process the reversal on all of the affected orders. If you have any questions please contact our customer service team.

Thanks for your patience,
The Wine.com Team

Just got the same, probably went out to all customers. Still need to get through to them though re the order that shipped prematurely.

I have 10 orders set for late October shipping. Iā€™ve been hoping to avoid this mess but got an email today that one box shipped today. Why on Friday?! Interestingly itā€™s a replacement box from midsummer which missed a prime shipping window and sat in 90 degrees because of a fed ex screw up. They handled a replacement great and set it up for my October shipment. Now itā€™s on the way, at least itā€™s coming out of Berkeley CA which seems to be mid 60ā€™s right now?

Guess we all got the we effā€™d up email from wine.com. Hope they can make this right for everyone and stop shipping wine that was on hold for everyone else.