Wine Insurance: American Collectors

Can anyone speak to their claim experience with Bluewater?

Thanks, good to know.

Figured just wondering if it seemed reasonable for collections in the 10’s of thousands.

Ask the people in New Madrid in 1812. That one knocked down St. Louis, too. Gee, I think I may be starting to sound a bit like Victor.

I think wine would be the least of their problems…

I’m in Texas and my collection is insured with Pure. Easy coverage to set up. They did not require an inventory list and provide single bottle coverage up to $5k/bottle. Very reasonable premium - believe I pay $400/year for $100k of coverage.

I have used Chubb and Pure. Both excellent companies and price was something close to 0.45% of the cellar value. Think I sent a current inventory to start up the riders but that was about it. Know two people who had wine claims with Chubb and both were well handled. So be careful as there can be exclusions and sometimes people are told homeowners will covers which it basically does not for a higher value or due to temps etc. My experience with Pure on a non-wine related claim was also excellent. How a firm handles claims is of my top 3 top criteria when looking for insurance. The others being the credit rating (AM Best) and then policy price.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3257906#p3257906

I had a good experience.

Chubb in the news recently-

Has anyone tried Amica? I have had superb claims service with them, but I don’t insure wine. Amica is a mutual company, so the premiums are low. No agent middlemen. I can’t say enough good things about Amica.
Chubb also has a good reputation, but I suspect they are expensive (agent commissions, etc.).

Amica (CA) told me that they don’t offer it - sent me to American Collectors.