Wine Recommendation Game - If I Like This Wine, What Else Would I Like

Champet Cote-Rotie

Dard et Ribo St. Joseph, although they tend to be a modest % more expensive.

1 Like

On a broader theme I like Cabernet Franc, and think some Mencia have a similar weight and freshness.

1 Like

Montevertine → Tenuta di Carleone?

Rayas → Chateau Des Tours… and I am only half kidding, because Reynaud’s wines has such a DNA that you will get some of the experience at all levels.

[flash=][/flash]

Montevertine
I Would say that Salvioni is alot alike Montevertine
Very elegant with deep delicious fruit

I like Gonon. Suggestions? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2019 Halcon Las Alturas!
I think of Domaine Faury’s VV as a pretty darn similar drink at ~1/3 the price

1 Like

Salinia Saint Marigold Chardonnay.

Piedrasassi and Pax fall in a similar category for my tastes.

Bedrock OVZ: bedrock and Ridge are my comparisons. take your pick of three valleys or a lot of their other multi site blends.

I have some 2014 and 2015 Alturas. But 2019 is not available in Europe at the moment it seems.

And funnily enough then there is not a single hit on Faury VV in Europe with winesearcher pro, but a ton in the US. Not sure if most of it is exported to the US?

I have a vague recollection of the wines being named differently in Europe.

If you can afford to drink Gonon on a daily bases then stick to it, but if (like in my case) that’s not an option, then Jean-Claude Marsanne could be your daily drinker “baby” Gonon. [wink.gif]

1 Like

Müller-Catoir Muskateller Spätlese trocken
Nicola del Negro Muscat Chambave (Valle d’Aosta)

1 Like

Well that might explain it :sweat_smile:

Even if I had the money (I don’t), then I am not sure where I would find an allocation that could support me in drinking Gonon every day :grin:

1 Like

Just for fun, let’s try with Paolo Bea [cheers.gif]

1 Like

For the whites, the Conoebium wines from Lazio, which of course Bea consults on.

2 Likes

Yes, I have some of those and if I’m not mistaken he also consults for a Sicilian producer but I haven’t tried those yet.