Wine storage box

Chuck, (or Monica) did you find a US supplier for the boxes in question? I too had trouble finding them.

Kent

clearly a commercial post, so please consider any disclosures that need to be made…made. we do sell the laydown 6x2 boxes. can be shipped from any of our facilities at modest cost, esp for larger orders. pls email caleb@domainewinestorage.com for details.

thanks

Marc,

Do you guys ship to residential addresses? I’ll email caleb as well.

Thanks,
Dany

I’m in the same boat. I’ve also noticed that most of the 6x2 boxes for sell via a Google search seem to be in Australia.

If you guys do find a U.S supplier that can ship to a residential address, please PM me.

Thanks!
Dany

Bingo.

I used these for an international move. For the most part, they worked for a very wide array of new world and old world bottles. I had just a few (SQN whites) that were a little bit too tall, but otherwise amidst 600 bottles I had no problems.

Dany,

We sure do. Depending on how many you need, we can ship bundles of flat boxes and inserts by UPS, or for larger orders, can do front door delivery on a pallet.

Thanks,
Marc

The Domaine boxes are fantastic. They work for most of my wines as well, except for some of the taller German bottles.

Thanks Marc.

I emailed Caleb earlier this morning. Hopefully, most of the bottles fit.

I’ve mentioned before that in my offsite, I use U-line Double corrugated 12 bottle boxes for storing my wines. everything fits in them pretty well, although a very few tall Napa Cab Bottles are a little tight.

Below is the link:

These work pretty well, but I wanted a little more versatility in configuring how bottles are stored in my locker and to have more options to make sure as many bottles as possible are laying down.

Anyhow, I decided to try something new and bought some 6 bottle boxes from U-Line. They’re also double corrugated. I’ll have more boxes in my locker, but I think this actually might work better. since I can stack them on their sides in more ways if needed.

The nicest part is that the price is pretty much a wash. nearly half the price of the 12 bottle boxes.

Below is the link:

They come in today and I have some bottle to run over to my offsite this afternoon so I should be able to get started on them.

It isn’t pretty but during moves I’ve had good luck with the large storage tubs that can be found at Target. They cost about six bucks and store about thirty bottles. I have stacked these three high for a time as well. They fill with very little empty space. Again, not pretty and not easily manipulated, but have worked well for moving and short term storage while building out better racking, etc.

Thanks again Marc. I put in the order with Caleb last Friday and the boxes came in on Monday and were waiting on my doorstep. I was surprised they got here that quickly (from Missouri to Cali).

Quick review so far of the boxes is all positive. These boxes are definitely a lot smaller than the gigantic styrofoam 12 bottle boxes that are currently housing most of my wine in storage and should be a huge space saver and game changer for my outside storage.

The boxes are built pretty well, maybe not as thick as the U-line boxes (I only have the pictures from U-line.com to use for comparison), but the domaine boxes are definitely sturdy and more convenient (at least for me) because I can lay down the bottles on their side as they should be. If there is anything really to nit pick about is that there isn’t that 3rd corrugated layer that goes on the very top of the bottles before sealing the box, but that’s definitely not a big deal.

For those still looking at boxes, the prices per box is actually less than U-line and the shipping cost when I calculated it out on U-line was essentially the same. I think U-line had an online quote that was only $0.13 more when shipping to my residential address. I won’t post the cost per box here just in case I’m not allowed to, but you can PM me or just email Caleb and get a quote.

I still haven’t tried to see if my larger 750ml California Cab bottles fit yet (i.e. Myriad Dr. Crane and etc…), but I will check soon. So far I have tested with Pinot bottles and there is plenty of room. You can PM me for pictures as well.

Sorry for the long windedness of this post.

-dk

What are the dimensions of these Domaine boxes? I’ve been looking at some lay-flat boxes from Uline for a while, but the dimensions are just a hair away from ideal.

Todd, I’ll measure the box tonight and let you know.

-Dany

Dany,

thanks for the very thorough review! Interesting you mention the top layer cardboard. We have debated adding those for a long time. The main reason we don’t is that when Ive asked peers in the industry,it seems almost everyone throws them away. They dont add structural strength, and since so many ppl throw them away, it felt like a bit of a waste.

happy to reconsider it, if we see increasing demand however!

thanks,
Marc

L: 20.5"
W: 12.75"
H: 7.5"

Marc,

The more I think about it, I think I will have to agree that the 3rd layer may not really be necessary, especially when the boxes are being used for storage only (as in my case).

I think the 3rd layer would be a nice option when the boxes are being used for shipping just to keep everything secure. However, it would be just as easy to use a layer or two of bubble wrap if needed.

Just received some 16x12x6 boxes from Uline the other day. I can fit 10 bottles of Rhone/Burgundy or Bordeaux shaped bottles without issue. The Burgundy shaped bottles fit along the 16" width and alternate direction, Bordeaux bottles stack along the 12" dimension right on top of another. I was concerned the inside dimension would be too short, but they all seem to fit perfectly.