Winebid prices softening

Howard, you need to get your own life and stop trying to piggy back on someone else’s.

Damn!

Come on now all this is with a nod and a wink, no?

What is your general WineBid strategy? Is there strategy to waiting until the last minute to bid like K&L?

Never mind this covers it Why do people place early bids on Winebid? Question/Rant - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

I’ve never bid on Winebid. My auction strategy is to low ball one bid. If I get the wine, fine. If I don’t, there will be another day. I only bid more than once if I need the wine for a special reason, like to finish out a flight of 3 wines from the same region, same vintage.

Jay… if you don’t bid on winebid, who DO you bid on?
Just curious.

Ha! I saw that and had the exact same reaction. I’ve seen older vintages of Ultramarine pop up from time to time…but nowhere near those prices. Crazy.

I’ve pretty much switched to K&L; 5% premium and no shipping for me. I also think there is more competition from K&L, as they have really expanded their offerings.

No shipping to Noo Yawk. {8-(

I prefer K&L pricing also but the selection / variety is not as good.

K&L prices - choices are great for my taste (mainly burgundy)
I never find really bargains on WB or Spectrum.

Having seen recent releases for that much or more on wine-searcher, I knew this was coming. Flippers gonna flip. It will be interesting to see the bid activity here.

Acker and Zachys internet auctions, but be forewarned. If I ever find out the identity of the guy who follows me around to various Internet auctions and then spikes me at the last minute because he knows my analysis is better than his and I always find the bargains, I will rip his fingers off by the roots so he can no longer use a keyboard.

BdN up to $165! That’s $200 with bp20% [wow.gif]

Wow, $200 for Ultramarine? Like the BdN, but I think I’d rather have Krug or Cristal for that price.

Or Prevost. Or Selosse…

Stop watching the NCAA tournament and please go onto WineBid and outbid me on these 3 cases I’ve bid on!

$55 on release if I remember correctly.

Belle Glos?

Guilty as charged [rofl.gif]

Perfect, I am gunnin for those rare beauties. flirtysmile [wow.gif]