Wineries in Radda in Chianti

Thanks Riccardo, that’s the decision I’m trying to make. We’ll have been in Pienza for 3 nights so we’ll have hit a good bit of the surrounding areas. I’m trying to decide between driving a bit more on the travel day to visit San Gimignano or a more relaxed day and hit Chianti area for a tasting and lunch. The latter will also get us into Florence a bit earlier to drop off the rental car and get to our apartment.

We’ve never been to San G on our prior trips though and wonder if it’s worth the longer day ? We’ll be able to visit Pienza, Montepulciano, Monticchiello and Montalcino before heading to Florence though so leaning towards a lighter travel day.

Would strongly recommend a visit to Felsina on the way from Pienza to Florence. Book the tasting lunch and you will be able to skip dinner that night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Wines are some of my favorite Chianti

Was going to recommend Isole e Olena and Castellare di Castellina. It seemed no matter how close or how far everything took 40 mins to get to in Tuscany?

1 Like

Thanks Rhodes, I’m leaning that way and think that’s what the group will want to do.

Did a search but didn’t find any comments about visiting Montevertine. Has anyone visited and has feedback ?

30 years ago we show up unannounced and they were pouring concrete in an entry way. One of the owners pealed off to accommodate us. I still have that Pergole Torte which I should open this year…

1 Like

Close by is Podere Poggio Scalette in Greve, making Il Carbonainone, a terrific wine.