Wineries To Visit In Woodinville Area (Washington)

For Cab or Cab based wines…in Woodinville

Delille
Avennia
Col Solare @ Ste Michelle
J. Bookwalter
Longshadows
Mark Ryan
Betz

Worth a trip to SoDo to see what Cadence accomplishes with Franc and other grapes and K Vintners.

Chris, I would totally agree that Kevin White’s Heritage wine is great. I’ve been a club member with Kevin White since he started his club, and his wines are some of my favorites in Washington. I just wouldn’t point to Kevin White if somebody said they wanted high end Cab.

Woodinville (Just out there last week).
Kevin White for the money is producing amazing wines!
Januik
Lobo Hills is making some interesting wines
Two Vintners

Walla Walla
Saviah is a must stop
Va Piano was excellent (set up a private appointment)
Charles Smith (tons of wines being poured)

Seattle
Rotie Cellars & Sleight of Hand (both in the same area. Many other wineries to sample in the converted tasting room complex).
Eight Bells (weekends only)

I would add Gorman, Obelisco, Paterson to visit in Woodinville

I would want to stop at Powers [Badger Mountain], and talk to them about how they make such excellent wines at such aggressive price points.

I would want to stop at Powers [Badger Mountain], and talk to them about how they make such excellent wines at such aggressive price points.

I have been meaning to revisit Powers. We have a local wine shop that features them on sale. Will have to check them out again as I have not tried their wines in a while.

Indeed, Betz is fantastic. I have not tried the wines for a few years though.

I didn’t hear from Roy, but a few people are coming over for a bottle share tonight, PM/email me for the details, all are welcome.

How’d it go?

Beautiful Evening! Roy Piper made it over and brought his 2014 and 2017 - both were exceptional! People brought home a bunch of the half empties, so I don’t have a complete list, but there was an excess:
2014 Chave Blanc
2017 Terre Nere Etna Bianco Santo Spirito
2013 Goodfellow Richard’s Chardonnay
2014 Walter Scott Vojtilla Chardonnay
2017 Huet Le Haut Lieu sec
2000 Mount Eden Chardonnay
2017 Kobayashi Marsanne
2006 Terre Nere Etna Rosso Prephylloxera
2005 and 2010 Quilceda Creek
2005 Leonetti Reserve
2004 Andrew Will Champoux
2011 Larner elemental
2016 Passing time Horse Heaven Hills
2016 Andremily Mourvèdre
2005 Pax Obsidian
1994 Mondavi Reserve Pinot Noir
2016 Lioco Valdiguie
1978 Domaine de Chevalier

Dang it! Missed it!!

x2

Travis, there was the 2014 Roy Piper from David and the 2017 Roy brought.

Roy brought both the '14 and the '17. David brought the '06 Prephylloxera and '00 Mount Eden.
Amazing how approachable the '17 already is. Both had out of this world texture and killer aromatics. Really beautiful wines.

Had a blast, so glad to be invited. Two wines that really stood out, neither of which I’d had before. The 2016 Andremily Mourvèdre. Wow, maybe the best American Mourved I’ve had, it was stylistically in the Cayuse/SQN range but with slightly less density and more fleshy mouthfeel. Really was stunned by it. Also, 2016 Passing Time Horse Heaven Hills. Again, excellent mouthfeel but also with spicy tannins and creamy black fruit. One of the best Cabs I had on the trip. Took a ton of notes, tried over 80 wines and will review my other faves, soon.

Curious to hear your thoughts. Post or PM.

Hope you enjoyed out fine State.